Elias on MLB network 1230-ish

Just Regular

9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Just at the concessions stands? Never saw them at the tables with napkin holders and no mustard or ketchup dispensers even in September.

Yes, at the condiment table next to the tables, beside the concession stands out in left field. They were at the table with the mustard and ketchup dispensers and forks, too.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

somebody check the spiked eggnog, think somebody has had too much. :)

I hope you have time in between these jabs to read justD's transcription of the interview and see how you were clearly wrong about Elias only seeking 1 year deals. You can't just get on this website and lie about stuff and then double and triple down when proven wrong. And if you did accidentally, you should own up to that misunderstanding like a man instead of whatever this is. 

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

I hope you have time in between these jabs to read justD's transcription of the interview and see how you were clearly wrong about Elias only seeking 1 year deals. You can't just get on this website and lie about stuff and then double and triple down when proven wrong. And if you did accidentally, you should own up to that misunderstanding like a man instead of whatever this is. 

Bro.  You're at a 10, we could use you at a 2.  No need to be out here throwing haymakers.  It's really ok.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I read through this whole thread just now, and I got to say you literally derailed this entire thread. You constant attacks were unwarranted and bordered on being against the rules and then you have he gall to report Sports Guy, calling his comment "political" when all he said was he liked a guy even better. 

You've got to do better. 

1 hour ago, Snutchy said:

No. 

I’ll review this thread in better detail later when I have time.

Thanks for settling this thread down. I'm going to reopen because I don't see anything "political" left on the board so if there were, that's a warning to everyone that made "political" points on this board.

@justD busts her butt to give us a great transcription and some of you are battling over some of the Dumbest stuff I've seen in some time. 

Personally, I thought Elias was pretty good in the interview. The only real nuggets was saying they plan to smooth out Camden Yards (good because that jutting out in left center is UGLY and saying Henderson was 6-4, 225??? Are we sure that's what he said because Henderson is listed at 6-2 everywhere else.

If the transcription was right, and I'm betting it is, Elias said that the wall affected previous pitcher's psyche and contributed to making it hard to get those one year pitchers that needed to rebuild their value to sign here. Lyles was the first one last year and he knew the wall was being extended.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Thanks for settling this thread down. I'm going to reopen because I don't see anything "political" left on the board so if there were, that's a warning to everyone that made "political" points on this board.

@justD busts her butt to give as a great transcription and some of you are battling over some of the Dumbest stuff I've seen in some time. 

Personally, I thought Elias was pretty good in the interview. The only real nuggets was saying they plan to smooth out Camden Yards (good because that jutting out in left center is UGLY and saying Henderson was 6-4, 225??? Are we sure that's what he said because Henderson is listed at 6-2 everywhere else.

If the transcription was right, and I'm betting it is, Elias said that the wall affected previous pitcher's psyche and contributed to making it hard to get those one year pitchers that needed to rebuild their value to sign here. Lyles was the first one last year and he knew the wall was being extended.

I didn't see the interview and appreciate your summary.  

The second paragraph begs the question...who is our "one year" guy?

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

@justD busts her butt to give as a great transcription and some of you are battling over some of the Dumbest stuff I've seen in some time. 

Wait, JustD actually transcribed that herself? It was so good I thought it was cut and pasted from an official transcript. Very well done! Hope the thread gets back on track.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LTO's said:

I've been told that this doesn't matter from a message board commenter. 

To clarify, I believe the updated dimensions did help Mike Elias win Jordan Lyles and Kyle Gibson, and whether a player fits your park is baked into any GM's evaluation, but I don't think it bears much into his org's evaluation of the player's talent baseline.

I've been pulling for pitchers like Heaney and Manaea who might get even more juice out of the park now.

Now if the back of baseball card stats can get a Trey Mancini back at a price point of so low I don't even care he isn't left-handed...always be arbitraging.

Apologies to @Redskins Rick, @Can_of_corn, @Sports Guy and the board on the derail and insults. I spiraled pretty hard when I felt my point was being ignored, and that's no excuse. Whatever good points I thought I was making no longer mattered once I got Mad Online™. 

And no, Tony is not making me apologize. In fact he took it pretty easy on me. 

My sincere hope is that we can try and meet in the middle more often instead of cling to our agendas, which I'm guilty of myself. For now, I'll take a little break for a bit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2