2023 Ongoing Lineup Thread

Ripken

25 minutes ago, casadeozo said:

Any conclusions to be drawn of Westburg out of the line back to back nights?

Yep.  He’s starting tomorrow.   Maybe something to do with Frazier and Urias numbers against tonight’s starter vs. tomorrow’s.

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Yep.  He’s starting tomorrow.   Maybe something to do with Frazier and Urias numbers against tonight’s starter vs. tomorrow’s.

Adam Frazier has good SSS stats vs. Schmidt: 3 for 6, 1 HR, 1 2B, 1 BB, 3 RBIs.

Don't see anything special abt Urías's stats, but he's playing a beautiful hot corner and you need to against all those right-handed Yankee bats. Boone in pre-game show said Wells has reverse-splits and so he's using a RH-hitting lineup.

Edited by LA2
  • Thanks 1

Foolishness to ever start Mateo, under ANY circumstances, unless there is an injury or trade we don't know about.  Otherwise he should be on the bench, ready to pinch run if needed.  Otherwise he shouldn't be in the lineup, or even in the field based on what he's done out there the past couple of weeks.  That's one reason why I want him off of the roster, as Hyde insists on starting him.  IF they could just leave him as a role player, never starting, then that would be one thing.  But Hyde CAN'T not start Mateo now and then, so I want him gone to remove that temptation.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

Foolishness to ever start Mateo, under ANY circumstances, unless there is an injury or trade we don't know about.  Otherwise he should be on the bench, ready to pinch run if needed.  Otherwise he shouldn't be in the lineup, or even in the field based on what he's done out there the past couple of weeks.  That's one reason why I want him off of the roster, as Hyde insists on starting him.  IF they could just leave him as a role player, never starting, then that would be one thing.  But Hyde CAN'T not start Mateo now and then, so I want him gone to remove that temptation.  

My assumption is there must be something analytically to Toronto GB defense to make this play. Also a slight rest for Gunnar. Not saying I like the decision at all. 

6 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

My assumption is there must be something analytically to Toronto GB defense to make this play. Also a slight rest for Gunnar. Not saying I like the decision at all. 

My assumption is that Hyde likes who he likes (see Odor last year, Mateo since early in the season) and he's going to give them playing time whether they deserve/earn it or not.  🙂  If it IS defense related, then Gunnar at SS and Urias at 3rd gives you the needed defense WITHOUT hurting the lineup.  Also, if it was GB defense issue, then Westburg should be playing over Frazier as Frazier isn't good with the glove.  Yeah, he's made a few highlights lately by turning routine plays into good looking plays due to his poor range, but Westburg is a better fielder than Frazier with much more range and a solid glove.  Westburg isn't going to win any GG or anything, but he's a better fielder than Frazier.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

I agree, but it seems to be organizational philosophy to give the backups a certain percentage of starts especially when they've been starting players in the past.