Dean Kremer 2023

Just Regular

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Kremer had a great fastball tonight, 96-97 with movement and he commanded it well.  Honestly, I didn’t think his breaking stuff was that good.  But the combination was good enough to dominate a terrible lineup.  

I was half watching/listening to the game. Sometimes I would pop in to the TV feed and think “wow that fastball is electric!” Other times I would pop in and think “ugh this is the inning the 5 runs happen.” 

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He did what he needed to do.  Hopefully, he can come close to repeating that against a ML lineup.

I assume his next start will be vs. Boston next week, though he could pitch Sunday against Detroit if someone is skipped.  

Escaping that jam in the 3rd inning was huge. Abrams singled, then a bad throw by Gunnar (and failure to block by O'Hearn) puts runners on second and third with no outs. Kremer strikes out Thomas looking on a nice outside sinker, and then punches out Smith and Meneses with good fastballs. The whole game hinged on that half inning, so credit to Kremer for turning it up a notch.

Last night he was getting calls at the knees. One earlier start he got none of those called. It seems that sometimes the game controls him versus he controlling it. The three strike out inning was impressive. He may have been pissed after that wonderful throw by Gunnar.

37 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

Escaping that jam in the 3rd inning was huge. Abrams singled, then a bad throw by Gunnar (and failure to block by O'Hearn) puts runners on second and third with no outs. Kremer strikes out Thomas looking on a nice outside sinker, and then punches out Smith and Meneses with good fastballs. The whole game hinged on that half inning, so credit to Kremer for turning it up a notch.

I believe Kremer threw 13 straight fastballs to strike out the side. His fastball was on last night.