Jordan Westburg 2023

Just Regular

Did anyone see how Westburg look in left field?

This could be a real good spot for him to get promoted and get some at bats.   Urias, Mateo and Frazier are doing well. Gunnar needs at bats backing  up the infield and DHing some.

Hays is doing well but Santander is not hitting so far.   Vavra and Stowers are sitting at lot so its hard for them to hit.    I can see Vavra or Stowers  being optioned  to get their bats going  and Westburg called up if he is hitting and playing well in left.   This could be a shuttle throughout the year if Westburg can play the outfield.

I think there is a good chance that both Frazier and Santander may be traded in July for prospects if the young guys progress.    Kjerstad's progress may effect this as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I think there is a good chance that both Frazier and Santander may be traded in July for prospects if the young guys progress.    Kjerstad's progress may effect this as well.

Frazier, Santander, Mateo, Urias, Hays. Trade them all. Mountcastle should eventually be traded as well if Kjerstad and Mayo show that they can play 1B.

The amount of quality prospect depth the O's have is absolutely absurd. I want to see Westburg and Ortiz on the major league roster as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Did anyone see how Westburg look in left field?

This could be a real good spot for him to get promoted and get some at bats.   Urias, Mateo and Frazier are doing well. Gunnar needs at bats backing  up the infield and DHing some.

Hays is doing well but Santander is not hitting so far.   Vavra and Stowers are sitting at lot so its hard for them to hit.    I can see Vavra or Stowers  being optioned  to get their bats going  and Westburg called up if he is hitting and playing well in left.   This could be a shuttle throughout the year if Westburg can play the outfield.

He only had a line drive single hit to him that he rolled to him no real chances for him.

Glad to see him playing some outfield. That infield is going to be tough to crack when Henderson is DHing a good bit.

On top of it, Ortiz is just killing the ball with very high consistent exit velocities and is a much better defender at SS and 2B then Westburg. 

58 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He only had a line drive single hit to him that he rolled to him no real chances for him.

Glad to see him playing some outfield. That infield is going to be tough to crack when Henderson is DHing a good bit.

On top of it, Ortiz is just killing the ball with very high consistent exit velocities and is a much better defender at SS and 2B then Westburg. 

He’s also batting 3rd, so Ortiz looks like the priority right now over Westburg.  He’s  crushing the ball.  I want to see the Tides play the Os lol

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

If Westburg can play a good defensive LF, the Orioles can move on from Hays. (I thought that would be Cowser, but he's struggling right now)

I don’t think they are ready to move on from Hays either way.

Westburg is in a tough spot. There is a logjam in the Major League IF. No openings in the OF either.

At the minor league level, Ortiz is a better defender. Norby might be a better bat.

There is competition everywhere, and no clear path to the big leagues. 

18 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Westburg is in a tough spot. There is a logjam in the Major League IF. No openings in the OF either.

At the minor league level, Ortiz is a better defender. Norby might be a better bat.

There is competition everywhere, and no clear path to the big leagues. 

Depth is good. It’s nice to have decent options at AAA. That’s been such a rarity for the orioles.