Jordan Westburg 2023

Just Regular

On 4/11/2023 at 11:50 AM, Tony-OH said:

I would not be surprised if Westburg is not a key guy in a trade since he value decreases in the outfield vs 3B/SS/2B and another team may be willing to live with the defense at 3B or 2B and give better value. The Orioles have never really acquired a TOR with a TOR price tag, so it's really just speculating whether they would make a trade for a one-year TOR. 

I do think at some point they will probably try that since it only comes with one year of risk/high salary. 

That double negative thing again.  Stop that!

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Still hasn't played but still active. With Monday off, hopefully he'll be ready by Tuesday.

It might just be a case of "better safe than sorry" this early in the season.

But if you look at Bowie's roster, they look like a MASH unit with everyone on the IL (legit and otherwise, I suspect...)

I remain convinced that Westburg is a better hitter than Ortiz and is as ready for a big league trial as he's going to get. I know someone in the current group of infield prospects is going to get squeezed out of the org, but I hope he sticks. 

8 hours ago, deward said:

I remain convinced that Westburg is a better hitter than Ortiz and is as ready for a big league trial as he's going to get. I know someone in the current group of infield prospects is going to get squeezed out of the org, but I hope he sticks. 

The question is not just whether he is better than Ortiz or not. But whether he is better than Urias? That’s the spot for playing time that he would be taking.

He and Ortiz may have to stay down until an injury or trade in the infield. Most likely of he, Ortiz, and Urias. 1 maybe 2 stays, but at least one maybe 2 is going to have to go.