That was a no hitter

Explosivo

Watched the replay a few times.   Henderson set himself to make a good throw but made a bad throw so I don't think he underestimated the runner or was lackadaisical.   I'm convinced that a good throw gets him by half a step after watching the replay.   That's a tough play and would be a tough error but I could see if there was a no-hitter and that play occurred in the 8th inning and the scorer giving him the error.   Normal circumstances, that's almost always going to be scored a hit.

The hit/error call on that play was about as 50/50 as you can get.  I'd probably score it an error or a hit to preserve a relevant stat (a hit to keep a hitting streak going, an error to keep a no-hitter going) and the rest of the time flip a coin.

1 hour ago, Sanity Check said:

Manny did the same crap, looking at the ball and taking his time.  He also cost us outs. Don't fool yourself.

The early version of Manny was as good a 3B as I have ever seen, and the stats back that.  Henderson is not likely to be at that level.   Few in history have been.  

2 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

Manny did the same crap, looking at the ball and taking his time.  He also cost us outs. Don't fool yourself.

Yes but the difference is that his throws were so strong and straight he'd get the runner anyway.

2 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

I don't remember this at all. Pretty much the opposite. He had one of the best internal clocks I've seen... he rushed when he had to and took his time to set up when he had the luxury.

Just now, SilverRocket said:

I don't remember this at all. Pretty much the opposite. He had one of the best internal clocks I've seen... he rushed when he had to and took his time to set up when he had the luxury.

His internal clock needs some adjusting when it comes to the new pace of play rules.

You see he got himself ejected today?