That was a no hitter

Explosivo

Wow. I watched the game, but not closely enough to realize that was the hit. That's a little ticky-tacky, but I'd only really be upset about it if it was a solo no-hitter. Group no-hitters are kinda cheesy to me for some reason. Cool, but not nearly as special as the CGSO no hitter.

56 minutes ago, Spakman said:

I don’t know how you can’t consider that an error. He had plenty of time to make a good throw. He was surprised by the speed of runner and sailed it.

It’s an error because a good throw still may not get him. You can’t assume the out in that situation.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Explosivo said:

I was there. That’s a throw Gunnar makes in his sleep. Petition a change! That was a throwing error! Gunnar knows it!

100%! A good throw from Gunnar would have got the out but it wasn't an error.  Regardless, all credit to the pitching for an incredible performance. 

Here's the thing though, that hit was super early in the game. Going back and revising it now to an error may make it a combined no-hitter, but you can't really celebrate that retroactively? It's kinda cool, but a day-after revision like that would--at least to me--severely cheapen it. I don't think anyone really cares enough to change it in any other scenario, so it would literally only be change (even if it's changed to the right call) to create a no-hitter. 

• Upvote 1