Dylan Beavers 2023

RZNJ

3 for 5 with a 2B today as well. 

With Beavers’ draft capital, profile (plus everything except hit tool), and the reputation of the Orioles hitter player development machine, he has the potential to really explode in offseason prospect evaluation with a strong finish at AA.

He had a 124 wRC+ at A+ this season even counting his slow start (shades of Joey Ortiz at AA last season), and made it to AA before his 22nd birthday (in a week).

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Want a cool trick?

Baseball Reference knows nicknames.

So you can just go to Baseball Reference and type in Baby Giraffe and Brandon Belt's page will come up.

Or, the guy who made the reference could easily answer my question.  Or, he couldn't, and I won't know or really care.  It was a conversational question, not everything has to be researched.  And not everything has to be responded to with snark, particularly when its not addressed to you in any way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Or, the guy who made the reference could easily answer my question.  Or, he couldn't, and I won't know or really care.  It was a conversational question, not everything has to be researched.  And not everything has to be responded to with snark, particularly when its not addressed to you in any way.

What?

I answered your question AND gave you a helpful hint.

WTH is your problem?

Edit- Now if I hadn't actually answered your question I could see where you might have a point.

But I did.

So go calm yourself.

Edited by Can_of_corn

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What?

I answered your question AND gave you a helpful hint.

WTH is your problem?

Edit- Now if I hadn't actually answered your question I could see where you might have a point.

But I did.

So go calm yourself.

I'll remain as calm as I need to be thanks.  Sure, you answered the question, with a nice little helping of belittling sarcasm, but that's your shtick, so I guess I shouldn't have called you out.  So I'll replace my response with:

Gee, thanks so much for answering my question and directing me to a site so I never have to ask simple questions or try to have a conversation with someone who posted something I'm curious about, ever again.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Fiver6565 said:

I'll remain as calm as I need to be thanks.  Sure, you answered the question, with a nice little helping of belittling sarcasm, but that's your shtick, so I guess I shouldn't have called you out.  So I'll replace my response with:

Gee, thanks so much for answering my question and directing me to a site so I never have to ask simple questions or try to have a conversation with someone who posted something I'm curious about, ever again.

Or, if like myself, you ever remember a player by their nickname and are trying to recall what their actual given name is.

I have absolutely used Baseball Reference for that.

But so sorry for trying to be helpful.

I'll try and remember that you don't need my help.

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

Why was that snarky?  I mean, I understand that 75% of @Can_of_corn‘s posts are some level of snarky, but this just seemed like a genuinely helpful tip.  It was news to me that BB-ref accepted nicknames.  

As an aside, I was playing Immaculate Grid yesterday, and I needed a player who played for both the Red Sox and the Giants.   The Panda came immediately to mind, but it took me like 20 minutes to dredge his actual name out of my memory banks.  Getting old sucks!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

I‘m not familiar with the moniker. Who was the old Baby Giraffe?

As I see has been covered, it was Belt....now a Grandpa Giraffe, and looking beatable as an opponent's 2nd place hitter!

He's actually having a pretty good year for them, and hasn't been injury absent as much as a guy as old as him with his track record on that turf I thought would be.