Creed Willems 2023

Frobby

Creed II.   Back in 2021 a 19 yo Gunnar Henderson had a June birthday and was promoted to Aberdeen before he turned 20.  He had a .944 OPS with 14 walks and 46 strikeouts.  Creed, who turns 20 in June, after his 17th game tonight has a 1.245 with 9 walks and 14 strikeouts.  In 9 games at catcher he’s caught 9 of 20 base runners.   Could we potentially have two top 100 catchers in our system?

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Just Regular said:

You've got to make the show to really earn a nickname, but I think Clubber has some upside for this one.

Clubber Creed?  We just need someone named Apollo Drago on the team and we'd be set.

He is 4 for his last 22 with 3 of those hits coming in one game.

At this point, I think it’s fine to call him up but I could see them giving him more time to see if this is just a SSS type slump or if he is actually about to go into a longer drought.

I'd rather promote him until he hits a league where he's not OPSing 1.1+, and then leave him there until he figures it out or requires his prospect status be re-evaluated.

I don't think he should be fast-tracked to like AA the way it appears Holliday might.  Whatever league he settles in at (probably Aberdeen) unless he's OPSing a really big number I'm definitely fine with letting him get seasoned even if he's playing well.   But he should definitely be in a league where he's being consistently challenged as a hitter.  His walk rate is starting to approach levels where it's clear he's not going to be IMO, at least not in Delmarva.  After drawing 8 in 62 PAs in April, he's drawn 4 in 24 in May.

Edited by Hallas