Rays 2023

SteveA

• 4 months later...

Reports: Wander Franco Detained In Dominican Republic - MLB Trade Rumors

Authorities summoned Franco for questioning last Wednesday. The 22-year-old did not report at the time. His previous attorneys later informed prosecutors that Franco had dismissed them. He did appear for questioning alongside his new legal representation this morning. Following that meeting with investigators, he was detained.

• 3 weeks later...

"My girl," Franco allegedly wrote in Spanish. "If my team realizes this, it could cause problems for me. It is a rule for all teams that we cannot talk to minors, and yet I took the risk and I loved it."  

As Frobby said "sick and sad".....I don't think he plays MLB again, his major issue beyond MLB punishment will be trying to get a visa approved-sex crimes almost always are considered aggravated felonies and carry a ban from ever entering the US.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39340208/wander-franco-investigation-mlb-details

Edited by SemperFi

I couldn’t even make my way all the way through the article, I was so nauseated.  When I first heard about this, I thought maybe it wouldn’t look so awful once we knew the details.  It actually looks way worse.