Kremer looks turrible

banks703

3 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

I guess problem solved who to send down when Brandish comes up. Dean looks really bad.

I was thinking this but man I really root for Dean. 

He and GrayRod are both having trouble locating. The stuff plays but man if they can’t command it what’s the point of having good stuff?

Hopefully he settles in tonight and games it out for them. 

Just now, banks703 said:

I was thinking this but man I really root for Dean. 

He and GrayRod are both having trouble locating. The stuff plays but man if they can’t command it what’s the point of having good stuff?

Hopefully he settles in tonight and games it out for them. 

There is no point in good stuff with no command. Unless you are throwing 102 plus I don't give a rats ass about velocity. Locate your goddamn fastball. End of discussion, if you can't do it then get a day job.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, backdoorslider said:

There is no point in good stuff with no command. Unless you are throwing 102 plus I don't give a rats ass about velocity. Locate your goddamn fastball. End of discussion, if you can't do it then get a day job.

Stop with the language. That's your second warning today. No more.

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

Cool a reactionary thread and a Charles Barkley reference. Two things this place needs more of. 

What’s wrong with Sir Charles?

Kremer is on the struggle bus right now. I am not liking that sweeper. It’s getting him into troubled counts. 

So, yes. He’s looking turrible. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• You’re thinking Adley becomes something like the B-Rob/Mora extensions where the strictly best move would probably be to trade but an extension is highly defensible and even worst case scenario by no means kills the team? Mora/B-Rob, if memory serves, probably would’ve been fine had the rest of the team not been so directionless.
    • It's a crying shame when one very bad call by the home plate umpire, on an obvious strike, can cost a team the game.  It happened to us yesterday.  How critical can one single win can be at the end of the regular season, as for the playoffs coming?  
    • I'm guessing there must not be an "Anthony Santander 2024" thread....lol. 
    • Hopefully, if they have to trade Gunnar it's with a year and a half of control instead of a rental to maximize the return.
    • Gunnar would be the main one at this point. It's going to take the Witt contract plus, but he's the kind of player that you can build around on a 10 year deal.   There's a plenty of other options but I'd rather start with him. If he's not interested then you move on...all depending on what ownership will go for as well.
    • Just look at the Braves. Stuck with all those players and in 2nd place.
    • In a traditional/historical sense, Gunnar would more likely reside in the 3, 4 or 5 spots in the lineup. But this new-age baseball that we have seen evolve over the last few years does seem to place more of a priority on getting your best hitters the most ABs. As others have mentioned, look at Soto in his career, look at Ohtani, etc. But what hasn't been mentioned (that I've seen, maybe I missed it) is that this new era of baseball also shows us that a sub .200 hitter can be successful in the leadoff spot when they mash like Schwarber does for the Phils. I think it's just as likely that Hyder keeps penciling in Gunnar in the top spot because Gunnar feels comfortable there but also because of his ability to set the table for the rest of the lineup to start the game. That is really what the leadoff guy's job is to do. He's lead off with a homer what, five times this year? That's five games where the O's were on the board just one batter into their turn to hit. For a younger lineup like the O's have now, I think it's extremely important that they use whatever advantage they think they have as early in the game as possible. We've seen them struggle to score runs early in a lot of the games this year. They don't ever seem to lay down but battling from behind is not the ideal position to be, especially at the frequency that has been so far this year. I suspect that increased pressure may eventually catch up with them. So, yeah, if Gunnar is their best power hitter but also gives the team the best opportunity to score early, I'm fine with him hitting first in the order even if it means fewer guys on base when he's at the plate.   
  • Popular Contributors