Yennier Canó 2023

OsFanSinceThe80s

9 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Nevermind the changeup, look at the POSING!!!!!!!! 

Yeah it's a sign of confidence and competitiveness. He's letting everyone know he's the king of the mound-tain.

I even saw that same intensity tonight when he ran to first base to toss that fair ground ball to Mountcastle. He got the out, and got all fired up with that same intense pose.

13 hours ago, Ridgway22 said:

THIS. If he loses his release point, I think he'll be walk-city. He appears, in the SSS I've seen him, to have a very wide range of possible outcomes. We can dream he's harnessing that wickedness..... it's been fun to watch.

Chris Holt was asked about Cano in today's game and he mentioned that when he first came over, Cano apparently had different release points for left vs right-handed hitters. They consolidated that into one in an effort to find consistency.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SilverRocket said:

Chris Holt was asked about Cano in today's game and he mentioned that when he first came over, Cano apparently had different release points for left vs right-handed hitters. They consolidated that into one in an effort to find consistency.

Different arm slots was the issue. 

3 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Yennier 6 innings along hits me as one of the biggest wildcards for whatever this year might be - are we on the Cesar Valdez or Felix Bautista half of the football field?

Goodness gracious if Orioles PD is in the Bautista half again.

Nice post.... Cano seems like a mix of Valdez and Bautista, and I don't know if I've enjoyed watching a pitcher as much as Cano since Valdez was waiting for the midnight bell to toll.