The 2023 high water mark thread

Frobby

Just now, FlaO'sFan said:

White Sox with 7 in the bottom of the Ninth to beat Tampa Bay. Sorry if posted somewhere else.

Just now, FlaO'sFan said:

White Sox with 7 in the bottom of the Ninth to beat Tampa Bay. Sorry if posted somewhere else.

Yep, in the game thread. 😄

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, banks703 said:

When was the last time they were 11 games over .500?

2016?

As someone reminded me above, they actually started 2017 22-10 before nosediving.  Ironically, the fun ended when they were swept by Kansas City and then lost 2 of 3 to Detroit.  They went 10-24 after their 22-10 start.  

The 2005 team started 20-9 and also crashed and burned.

So, this is no time to make assumptions about the 2023 team based on its hot start.  But, I’m enjoying the ride so far.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

As someone reminded me above, they actually started 2017 22-10 before nosediving.  Ironically, the fun ended when they were swept by Kansas City and then lost 2 of 3 to Detroit.  They went 10-24 after their 22-10 start.  

The 2005 team started 20-9 and also crashed and burned.

I know the 2005 team had other issues but the thing I remember most is Brian Roberts having his arm destroyed by a NYY while covering 1B.

12 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

I know the 2005 team had other issues but the thing I remember most is Brian Roberts having his arm destroyed by a NYY while covering 1B.

Really?  Goodness there was a lot to remember from that season.  Started out extremely well and were 2 games back at the AS break.  Raffy gets his 3000 hit and then very shortly after gets busted for steroids.  Sammy Sosa was fairly atrocious.  Mazzilli fired in early August.  That year started out so promising and then just fell apart.  

18 hours ago, Remember The Alomar said:

Gus Triandos. Big slow guy. 

My favorite Oriole before Brooks arrived. Good power and excellent arm. Hit an inside the park home run against the Red Sox at Mem Stadium that took so long the radio announcers broke for a commercial and then came back with “…safe at home!”

• Haha 1