Sat Apr 29th, Game One 12:10 @ Tigers

Tony-OH

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I appreciate the spray chart. I am aware that he doesn’t just hit to one side of the field but looking at the chart he does tend to hit balls to the same general spots in the areas of the outfield positions.  Hard though to conclude anything without looking at tons of other charts and comparing. One could imagine a hitter who happens to hit balls in general to the same spots on the field even if those sports are in three different parts of the outfield.  At a certain point when the bad luck continues you have to look to see if there is more than luck at work. 

The main thing you can conclude from the chart luck-wise is that Mountcastle hits less balls to LF than to CF and RF. And balls in the air to LF perform the best. So in that way he's creating a bit of his own bad luck by not pulling the ball enough.

6 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

No, the weak rebuttal from people like you is what gets old. So potentially signing a guy with a legitimate track record has some risk. Counting on pitchers that have a really good portion of a season to continue is where the real risk is. 

ah yes people like me, im sure you know everything about me.