I'm sure of this....Swept by the Braves.

ShoelesJoe

Thought I'd beat sportsfan8703 to it. 

Three Atlanta starters we're facing:

Elder 3-0 1.75 ERA

Strider 4-0 2.57 ERA

Fried 2-0 0.45 ERA

All joking aside, I think we'll be fortunate to win one of the three. 

Edited by ShoelesJoe
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Thought I'd beat sportsfan8703 to it. 

Three Atlanta starters we're facing:

Elder 3-0 1.75 ERA

Strider 4-0 2.57 ERA

Fried 2-0 0.45 ERA

All joking aside, I think we'll be fortunate to win one of the three. 

Bring them on!!! Take no prisoners!! 

• Upvote 1

The SP matchups by K-BB ranking, branching out to MLB rather than AL-wide for interleague:

(79) Kremer vs. (36) Fried

(101) Bradish vs. (3) Strider

(50) T. Wells vs. (92) Morton

Fried is in his walk year coming off an Arb loss.    With Dansby the way it played out was if they couldn't find a meeting of the minds early, they couldn't find one at all.     They are hurting at SS a bit, as in camp they preferred Arcia to Grissom, who was deemed to need more polish, but then Arcia got hurt so Grissom's here anyway.

Sunday one of those Peacock 11am type games you can I guess have with an omelette instead of a hot dog.

As brilliant as some of their strengths are, I know Sean Murphy from the AL and him at cleanup doesn't feel impossible to beat.

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I'm not kidding when I say I think we'll be lucky to take 1/3 from them.  Our pitching was ass against the Royals, I can't wait to see what Acuna, Murphy and Olson do to us.  

Kremer vs. Fried and his 0.45 ERA

Bradish vs. Strider

Wells vs. Elder

Woof.  

Wells is probably going to give us the best shot to win a game. I fully expect this to be Kremer's last major league start for at least a couple of weeks.

Hope I'm very wrong about this, but the Braves' series feels an awful lot like the the three game set that just occurred between the Rays and Pirates. Pittsburgh had the best record in the NL, went into Tampa, and got thrown down a flight of stairs by a team that was head and shoulders better than they were. It was a come to Jesus moment for the Pirates in which the reality of who they are and aren't this season was made clear. I see the same thing happening to the Orioles over the next three days. We're certainly not a bad team, but we have enough flaws that the really good teams (Rays, Braves, etc.) will carve us up like a Thanksgiving Turkey. 

Like I said, I'd love to be wrong about this. 

I agree with the OP. We will be lucky to grab a game in this series, even if I starters pitch better. Their team and especially their starting pitchers are just much better.

But I see a silver lining in the outcome, even if it is predictably bad for us, and that is it gives Elias and Co the opportunity to use this as a measuring stick. And he can say what we need to really compete with them because there is a good chance that we would have to beat them or a team similar in October (this season or any in the foreseeable future).

The Cole Irvins and Kyle Gibsons of the world ain't gonna cut it against the big boys! (I know neither is starting this series but I'm speaking more of those type of additions.)