We've got NO chance tonight....NONE.

Roy Firestone

29 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I would like to think that given all the informed fans on this site (and there really are a lot), that giving up on a game before a pitch is thrown wouldn't happen as frequently as it does.  But alas, here we are.

We have a good fun team to root for. After 2018-21 you'd think that'd be enough, for at least a little while, but I guess it isn't.  It sure is for me.

If you want to ruin that for yourself by assuming we've already lost, I guess go ahead.  But I'm not sure why you watch sports at all if that's the case.

Also spoiler alert - IF IF IF we lose all three of these games, the season isn't over, FYI.

And no, I don't think this is some kind of stupid reverse jinx thread.  Again.

The thing about "stupid reverse jinxes" is this...if I call it a reverse jinx it never works...so I claim this is just my opinion...and it is...

Well just looked at the lineup and it is quite weak

Something doesn't add up when you have all that hitting talent at AAA and you are starting James Mcann as the DH

We need another RH bat (or 2), Mullins and Gunner starting and McCann as DH... not promising

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Yeah. McCann as the backup catcher is great. McCann as a DH is a head scratcher.

Not really anyone you can replace him with on the 26-man roster who is going to give you a better AB against a lefty. I want to play Stowers as much as the next guy, but Fried would eat him up. He'll likely eat McCann up, too, because he's Fried. But... I get why they're playing him. McKenna? That might be a different story, but Hay is hurt so it is what it is. 

Edited by interloper

The Orioles aren’t even going to score a run this series. Humiliating losses in every game. Hyde and Elias will probably be fired on Monday. Adley traded midweek for a package of DR 16 year olds. Gunnar released. You get the idea. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Clay beat Liston. Ali beat Foreman.the Jets beat the Colts in the Super Bowl. Buster Douglas beat Mike Tyson.

None of these upsets would come close to us beating the Braves tonight. We have, arguably our worst pitcher on the mound, against Max Fried, probably the best pitcher in the game right now.

We have a beat up bullpen thats been ineffective, and the Braves have about the same record as we do .

I'd say we are 10-1 underdog tonight...but I wouldnt put a dime on our Birds.

By the way, Max Fried was our little league ace  in Encino, California.., and my son was his teammate. Its even hard for me to root against Max.

Im calling it 7-1 Braves tonight...

Sorry.

This aged well.