Sunday, May 7th @Braves on Peacock/NBC

Tony-OH

Just now, CynBeth said:

We were lucky to win one game this series. Not sure if we will do that with TB,

No, no we weren't. We were good enough (the offense was) to win one game. We were good enough to win the second game, but we didn't. We could have won, but we blew it. Should be going for the sweep right now.

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Only in my wildest dreams would the orioles lock up their young players like the Braves have.

I would be very surprised. First, it's in the bloodstream for the Angelos family to ensure they can always make a profit so they are not going to risk someone crashing. Two, Elias has shown no appetite for taking on risk. None. He doesn't move top prospects for need. He doesn't sign pitchers for more than a season. He has shown no interest in taking on risk with long term contracts.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

I would be very surprised. First, it's in the bloodstream for the Angelos family to ensure they can always make a profit so they are not going to risk someone crashing. Two, Elias has shown no appetite for taking on risk. None. He doesn't move top prospects for need. He doesn't sign pitchers for more than a season. He has shown no interest in taking on risk with long term contracts.

I had never really noticed this, but you are so right. He is very risk adversive. I'm not sure if that can work long term for success for the team. We are good now because of the tanking and the high draft picks. Honestly, I bet if Duquette would have had these same picks, he could have had our farm loaded too. 

6 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I had never really noticed this, but you are so right. He is very risk adversive. I'm not sure if that can work long term for success for the team. We are good now because of the tanking and the high draft picks. Honestly, I bet if Duquette would have had these same picks, he could have had our farm loaded too. 

Actually, the record shows he would have traded some of the draft positions and prospects away before they could contribute anything.