Ortiz looks like the right man for the job right now.

wildcard

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The defense has been as good as advertised this year. However, long term… does he have the power to hit the ball over the wall?

Yes he does. Will he be a 25 homer plus guy, probably not, but he's going to probably settle in as a 15-20 homer guy. I've seen him hit several 400+ homers and some to RC, so the raw power is there. Those power numbers could be sapped a bit by Camden Yards cavernous left field though. Either way, there is some pop in the bat.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

It’s trolling, not satire. 

I'm not sure you understand trolling. He has an opinion of Ortiz that he shared appropriately in a thread talking about Ortiz. just because you don't like what he says doesn't make it trolling. It's trolling when all he does is coming behind people with the same opinion over and over.

I think his statement is way too premature, but it's not trolling. 

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's not even that.  I mean, his game isn't as advertised as Babe Ruth.

He's got an elite-level (GOLD GLOVE CALIBER) glove.  He looks like he's got a little pop, too.  

I've been pleased with what I've seen from him.  I'm not expecting, like, prime A-Rod here...partially because he's not been advertised as such.  

Saying he's played poorly is absurd.

What is his OPS? Something tells me if Frazier had a sub .500 OPS you guys would be angry. 

1 minute ago, Mr-splash said:

What is his OPS? Something tells me if Frazier had a sub .500 OPS you guys would be angry. 

No one should be angry over a player's first 19 major league PAs. Ortiz has a .433 OPS so to your point, he has not hit well so far, but he's played excellent defense at both SS and 2B and it's an extreme SSS to draw any kind of conclusions besides that he has not hit well so far. 

Heck if we want to start taking SSS into affect, I'd say he's 2-for his last-2 with a 1.000 OPS before he was amazingly pinched hit for by Frazier by Hyde.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mr-splash said:

Bro, it's such a small sample size, it doesn't matter.  As much crap as the Frazier signing got on here, people on this message board are educated enough to know that a small sample size doesn't mean anything....both when a player is on a heater and when they're cold.

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure you understand trolling. He has an opinion of Ortiz that he shared appropriately in a thread talking about Ortiz. just because you don't like what he says doesn't make it trolling. It's trolling when all he does is coming behind people with the same opinion over and over.

I think his statement is way too premature, but it's not trolling. 

That is not the definition of online trolling. That might be what you call trolling, but the definition of trolling is posting inflammatory things to draw a reaction. That’s what he did in this and other threads. He mixed in a few real opinions, granted, but the post I referenced was a ridiculous post with the purpose of getting a response. I do not believe it was the person’s legitimate opinion. It was so ridiculous that Frobby asked if it was satire. 

6 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

That is not the definition of online trolling. That might be what you call trolling, but the definition of trolling is posting inflammatory things to draw a reaction. That’s what he did in this and other threads. He mixed in a few real opinions, granted, but the post I referenced was a ridiculous post with the purpose of getting a response. I do not believe it was the person’s legitimate opinion. It was so ridiculous that Frobby asked if it was satire. 

I think it's his legitimate opinion. He's pretty consistently negative.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pickles said:

He reminds me in mannerism and stature of JJ Hardy.

I stood next to JJ Hardy and he was every bit 6'1" tall. And he was like a piece of iron. Somewhat wiry, but clearly a man possessing strength and power.