Message for Tony Oh - I feel deeply aggrieved for 1 point ban imposed by Legend of Joey

Chelsea_Phil

3 hours ago, emmett16 said:

When I lived in Valencia I had a flat on a major 4 lane circle with 11 entry points and a 4 lane major Avinguda running through the middle.  Interesting fact about Valencia (in early 2000s) was there were 1 million parking spots in the city and 2 million cars.  It was perfectly acceptable to park your car just about anywhere.  You were even allowed to  double parallel park cars in (two rows of parallel parked cars) so long as you left your car in neutral and the parking break off.  People would double park two rows around the entire circle.  Right around 4-5ish every afternoon as people went home from work, there would invariably be random cars parked one lane off the sidewalk acting as a little island as traffic flowed around it.  There wasn’t one week that went by that there was a fairly major accident.  We had chairs set up at our window and would drink beers watching cars slam in to each other.  Sometimes circles don’t work, but I’m still a big fan. 

8738F285-9538-4C23-98D9-5DD057093F19.png

Gotta love “Bar sin Nombre”

6 hours ago, justD said:

Gotta love “Bar sin Nombre”

You've been there?  No way!   My favorite neighborhood bar was Taska Gat...which translates in Valenciano to Bar Cat, but it's a play on words....t'has cagat or te has cagado (in castellano) meaning 'you $hit yourself'  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, emmett16 said:

When I lived in Valencia I had a flat on a major 4 lane circle with 11 entry points and a 4 lane major Avinguda running through the middle.  Interesting fact about Valencia (in early 2000s) was there were 1 million parking spots in the city and 2 million cars.  It was perfectly acceptable to park your car just about anywhere.  You were even allowed to  double parallel park cars in (two rows of parallel parked cars) so long as you left your car in neutral and the parking break off.  People would double park two rows around the entire circle.  Right around 4-5ish every afternoon as people went home from work, there would invariably be random cars parked one lane off the sidewalk acting as a little island as traffic flowed around it.  There wasn’t one week that went by that there was a fairly major accident.  We had chairs set up at our window and would drink beers watching cars slam in to each other.  Sometimes circles don’t work, but I’m still a big fan. 

8738F285-9538-4C23-98D9-5DD057093F19.png

Ahhh I’ve been to Valencia, Espana. One of my favorite vacations ever. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I wonder what JTrea thinks about Icelandic roundabouts where there are two lanes and you have to yield to the cars on the inside lane who want to exit?  It was confusing, I got honked at a lot, but you could probably get used to it.

We have one in Salisbury similar to that. Unfortunately it sits right in the middle of downtown where it's moderately busy in the morning and afternoon.