Message for Tony Oh - I feel deeply aggrieved for 1 point ban imposed by Legend of Joey

Chelsea_Phil

1 hour ago, 24fps said:

There was a guy who posed as a girl who called him/herself bikini something or other and provided us with pictures.  Going back to even before I started an account there was a poster who I'll never forget who called himself BOOZE and clearly did his level best to live up to his handle.  He was hilarious.  IIRC he also professed an unabashed and definitely politically incorrect appreciation of underage girls. 

Finally, have you been over the game thread?  It's named after the late Scott (ScOtt) Niedentohl who also was no stranger to a frosty mug.  He was also one of the best online friends you could ever hope to have. 

Oh that bikini poster. Had you guys really going for awhile!

I’ve mentioned it before, but scOtt (we called him “scott with the big O”) went above and beyond when both he and weams were ill. Drove himself up from somewhere near Hanover PA to Harrisburg to relieve me for an hour or so from caregiving. I’ll never forget that act of kindness. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, justD said:

Oh that bikini poster. Had you guys really going for awhile!

I’ve mentioned it before, but scOtt (we called him “scott with the big O”) went above and beyond when both he and weams were ill. Drove himself up from somewhere near Hanover PA to Harrisburg to relieve me for an hour or so from caregiving. I’ll never forget that act of kindness. 

scOtt and weams remain the two best friends I've made on Orioles Hangout and I miss them both very much.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Sorry to have to do it this way, but when I got the one point ban which I thought was totally wrong, Legend of Joey Said if I wanted to appeal it to Tony Oh, For me to message him. Well, I have one message in my inbox, and it says my mailbox is full, and that I Need to delete all messages before I could send another message.  OK, but then there is no provision to delete any messages in my inbox. Oh great. So this thread is to make Tony know of my Belief that legend of Joey Acted improperly in giving me a one point penalty for a mild banter exchange with SportsGuy. I truly believe that legend of Joey was mad at me for a response that I made on another thread about someone getting beat with a baseball.And he said to take it out on me on another thread.

Sorry for the broadcast nature of the thread, but that’s only way I know how to get Tony’s attention.

Furthermore, the rules and regulation thread has no information about what happens when a person reaches A particular penalty number. It says nothing about that at all. It doesn’t even mention the penalty process. That’s really not good at all. As Frobby would tell you, that violates due process.

Too bad Frobby probably charges about a thousand bucks an hour to take on cases like this.

Ok, I just got word of this. 

I can't believe anyone would get so upset with a moderator giving them a warning point. First, it really means nothing other than to get your attention. sometimes moderators have to make a preemptive strike to get ahead of asituation that will get out of hand. 

You mention "banning" but you were not banned, you were given a point off which again, means really nothing. 

Now I gotta go through this thread of 16 pages to see what happened here.

Either way, you always have the right to appeal to my privately but I'm going to tell you and everyone else, I have the moderators back and unless they really messed up, I have no intention of over ruling them, especially something as minor as this. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't agree.

Best one I've seen was when I was in the Army.

Casual status.

Can't

Attend

School

Utilized

As

Labor.

That was me after rocking out of the Korean Language program.

That was 100% true too. I one time had to pull grass in between rocks during CASUAL status before AIT.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

That was 100% true too. I one time had to pull grass in between rocks during CASUAL status before AIT.

Yikes.

That sound rough.

I was on CASUAL at DLI, we had older barracks and I was the only "Handy" person on CASUAL.  I was busy sanding door frames and such.  I actually preferred it to trying to learn Korean.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yikes.

That sound rough.

I was on CASUAL at DLI, we had older barracks and I was the only "Handy" person on CASUAL.  I was busy sanding door frames and such.  I actually preferred it to trying to learn Korean.

You missed a perfect chance at diving into some KBO.

7 hours ago, justD said:

Joined in 2005.  Got my first downvote from a virtual stranger last week for complaining in a game thread that I was disappointed in Grayson Rodriguez. 

Need to wear it with some pride I guess? 

I *do* recall lots of interesting discussions weams would have behind the scenes about moderation adventures, though he was secretive about it even with me, out of respect for those involved.   He loved @Legend_Of_Joey btw.   We both loved @Sports Guy even through that whole "other site" debacle.

I would often ask him how he could continue with it all, so much aggravation.  He only once thought about walking away, but that was very brief.  All of you were/are such an integral part of our lives, it really couldn't be seriously considered.

I have no idea what a "1 point ban" is. 

Edit: Sorry for getting sappy in what was otherwise a really entertaining thread!

Talking about weams is never sappy and will never be not welcome. Weams should always be remembered around here.

He was so hard to piss off so every once in awhile, when he would get mad and someone and ban them, he would always send me a PM telling me if I wanted to overrule him he would understand.

I would tell him, if they pissed you off, they deserved to be banned. I think in all the years I may have semi-over ruled him once and even he admitted he was in a rare bad mood that day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Lol..I have 10 points.  (Got curious and had to look)

It’s like a hobby for Tony to give them to me. :D

It keep me busy for sure! :D The funny thing is I'll get PMs about you with people telling me that I let you get away with everything. ;) 

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

You missed a perfect chance at diving into some KBO.

I was really not good at it.

In hindsight the whole program seems pretty sus.  It was a 63 week course and most of the students got rolled back at least once.  I figure they didn't get much more than a year in the field out of the average graduate.

7 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I remember first posting here.  @DrungoHazewood intimidated the **** out of me.  

No, I am not joking when I say that.

My favorite OH move was sponsoring the Nick Markakis baseball reference page for like 100 bucks a year.  Except on the dedication page I said that I was OldFan on the Orioles Hangout and that he was my favorite player.  

When @DrungoHazewood had no life and could post here all the time, you had to be on your A game with your comments because he would drop some statistical bombs on you. 

He's one of the original guys along with @Frobby that made me check available stats before making an offhand comment back in the day. :D

I'd be sitting in Afghanistan with only 15 or 20 minutes of internet time for a day yet I'd be researching before posting because I didn't want to be called out! :D

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BRobinsonfan said:

OldFan could be maddening.  He produced some epic posts, though.  Some of my favorites were: How a certain player "didn't have a good name for baseball," how "walks weren't manly," and how people shouldn't bring children to the stadium.  He was the living embodiment of the meme "old man shakes fist at cloud."  

God bless OldFan. Love or hate his posts, he was absolute one of kind classic poster.