Sunday, Adley Anniversary Day: O's go for sweep in Toronto

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I would like to see an occasional change of approach when down 0-2. I dunno perhaps I am old fashioned.

Oh yeah, definitely. In years past, nearly every player would be taking Mountcastle's approach of live and die by the home run. Collectively, this team is more dynamic and can score in any number of ways. Mounty reminds me of the 2012-2016 stretch, though. Strike out and hit a lot of home runs.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Maybe he posted it on Facebook or something. People do weird stuff on Social Media. It's probably why I lasted about 6 minutes on any variety of it. The only twitter stuff I see is on this site.

But you'd have to be following them on Facebook right?

Why?  Put a gun to my head I couldn't tell you any of my HS teachers' names without guessing.

Edited by Can_of_corn

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

But you'd have to be following them on Facebook right?

Why?  Put a gun to my head I couldn't tell you any of my teacher's names without guessing.

I used to see friends' posts of people they were following. The whole thing is creepy.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm just curious why you cared to know after 1986 that he was gay and smoked dope?

I've never checked up on a former teacher. 

He was arrested at his house in Baltimore County in the 90's for weed.  It was in the papers.  I did not care what he did.  I loved the guy.  My sister hated him but that is another story.   

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm just curious why you cared to know after 1986 that he was gay and smoked dope?

I've never checked up on a former teacher. 

Also he was the landlord of a good friend of mine so I would hear about him later.  

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

It’s so difficult to pay attention to the game with that hot waitress back there 

I've been married so long that I didn't even notice. I just had an epiphany. I think I've been trained without my knowledge.

• Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I'm not really cool or comfortable with you equating my question that I asked him to something so serious (even if said in jest)as domestic violence. I don't have a problem with you or any other poster calling me out. But not using extreme things that are not analogous to baseball and are very serious matters. Now, on to @Frobby's statement and citing of stats. He is right about the aggregate stats of our bp. And I was wrong in stating that the bullpen is getting progressively worse. However, I do not believe whatsoever that we have the requisite talent in our bp to win a championship. That is what I should have said.
    • The Oriole bullpen combined has been worth -1.0 bWAR. Kimbrel and Cano 0.1, Webb 0.2, Danny Coulombe 0.3. Those are our leverage guys. We're 20th in the league in bWAR. They clearly need some upgrades, other than Coulombe who do you really trust at the back end in a tight game? We have no strikeout pitchers other than Kimbrel.
    • The rule says you don't even have to make contact, if you even force the fielder to go around you it's interference.  In this case Vaughn actually touched Gunnar so it seems pretty clear cut.
    • Elias has done a lot of wonderful things, but because he is still only human, he is not above making mistakes. The bullpen construction was a big mistake. But we can overcome it if he is willing to deviate from his past history as GM and actually add meaningful talent to the team (in season) via trade. I get that he may have his principles and one of which may be an extreme apprehension in regards to surrendering talent in trades. But at some point all successful people must learn to pivot. We cannot continue down the same track that we have been on. Kjerstad is 25, Stowers 26, Norby will be 24 soon. We are getting no value from these guys in prime years of their career because Elias has insisted on his holding/hedging no matter what philosophy.  IMO we are going to have to eventually pull the trigger on something significant in order to improve/fix the obvious hole on this team.
    • Seems like he's destined for the Baumann treatment of "forced trade by way of DFA". No one wants to trade for him right now, but someone will want to jump the waiver line if he's DFA'd. Padres? They just lost Xander. 
    • Yes, the ruling on it being two outs and the game being over was correct, based on the interference call being made. The only real question is whether the ump should have called interference or not.
    • Agree that he seems like the ideal guy. Unfortunately, STL is kind of still in the game after we handed them 3 wins on a silver platter. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Only 5 games back of the Brewers in the NL Central and 2 games back of the wild card. They have absolutely no reason to trade Helsley right now. Hopefully by the deadline though. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now