Elias Addressing Media at 4:45 Today

Orioles4Life21

1 hour ago, dtk9119 said:

Something related to Dillion Tate? Being sent down to AAA since he's off the IL? I also thought Mullins as well. Otherwise just his usual every couple weeks chit chat w/ the media.

That's a roster move.   We don't generally have GM press conferences for those.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

The time is odd.  4:45?  Not 4:30, not 5pm....4:45.

I don't know what to make of that.  Maybe it means he wants to wrap it up in 15 minutes, no questions, etc.  

I can't imagine it'll be a major story though.

He knows the reports are supposed to get off at 5 so he insuring them overtime for the week.

• Haha 1

To me Elias is sitting in the catbird seat.   His major league team has the 2nd best record in the MLB.  His prospects are progressing nicely.  His AAA team is winning.   Almost everything he has touched has turned to gold.

He doesn't have to trade anyone but he is no doubt getting calls from GMs all over the MLB.   Some want  his major league players because they are being pushed by prospects.  Some want his prospects because he can't play them all.

He may just being going to talk to the fans about where he is, at the 50 game point in the season and assure everyone that he is push to the playoffs and focused on winning as many games as possible.

Edited by wildcard

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

He may just being going to talk to the fans about where he is at the 50 game point in the season and assure everyone that he is push to the playoffs and focused on winning as many games as possible.

I like Elias a lot and I think he's easily been the most accessible GM we've had in quite some time, however I can't imagine him holding a press conference on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend to say we're really going to go for it this year.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I like Elias a lot and I think he's easily been the most accessible GM we've had in quite some time, however I can't imagine him holding a press conference on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend to say we're really going to go for it this year.

Memorial Day Weekend is a prefect and traditional time to look at where the team is and what the focus is going forward.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Memorial Day Weekend is a prefect and traditional time to look at where the team is and what the focus is going forward.

I don't disagree that it's a good time to look at where the team is.  I just don't think many -if any- GMs call a press conference specifically to make a proclamation like that.

47 minutes ago, owknows said:

Seems like only yesterday that some of the same people who are now looking to build a cathedral to St. Michael of Elias... were the ones ridiculing "liftoff" after the winter meetings.

Funny how life goes.

Yes…wish we had insight into what offers were made to FA SP. Boras chimed in a bit, but I would rather know that Bassit turned down an $18m per 3 year offer, verses speculation. 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't disagree that it's a good time to look at where the team is.  I just don't think many -if any- GMs call a press conference specifically to make a proclamation like that.

Its would be a first of Elias as GM.   He has never been in a position to say the O's were going for it.    In fact  at the deadline last year Elias said the team was not positioned to make the playoffs and then had to fly to Texas and back track on the comments.

2 hours ago, dtk9119 said:

Something related to Dillion Tate? Being sent down to AAA since he's off the IL? I also thought Mullins as well. Otherwise just his usual every couple weeks chit chat w/ the media.

Def don't call a press conf for just something like that.

Yesterday our old friend Britt highlighted the Nats’ Mike Rizzo challenging all MLB GM’s to do an ice water challenge for ALS charity.   Rizzo lost his sister to ALS.  I know it’s the Nats but Rizzo mentions that MLB GM’s are a close knit community.   It would seem Elias has to get on board with this at some point to avoid the O’s seeming petty so might as well get on board right out of the gate.

https://twitter.com/Britt_Ghiroli/status/1661798212800327680?s=20