Tyler Wells 2023

Mooreisbetter27

Just now, RVAOsFan said:

Interesting, I thought IL was the move but maybe a combination of rest and working with Bowie coaches will do the trick 

He's said he's completely fine health-wise in interviews. Dead arm maybe, I have no idea but it's a move that had to be made, he's hurting the team right now.

Just now, Just Regular said:

Both Bowie and Norfolk home next week, but this may be one of those deals he's enough of an established big leaguer not to have to leave Maryland for this sort of thing.

He can commute to Bowie, Norfolk is a bit of a drive (although I've known folks to have that long a daily commute).

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Are they sending him down to work him in short stints and get him ready to be a reliever for the rest of the year?

Roch just tweeted this:

"Hyde said #orioles feel Wells needs a break, a reset. Being in Bowie keeps him close. Will pitch in some games. Reduced workload"

Feels like this is a precursor to something else. I can’t see the O’s rolling with Irvin in the rotation.

With Wells’ productivity from the first half of the season no longer on the table, all of the sudden this Orioles rotation that has got by okay seems to be in a real tough spot barring an upgrade from the outside.

Kremer and a young Rodriguez as the 3/4 is uninspiring. As the 4 or 5 starters, it was okay.

Not to mention Gibson as a 1/2.

Edited by dzorange