Tuesday, June 20: First of 2 big games in Tropicana Dome

SteveA

Just now, baltfan said:

Mateo is a hole in the lineup and the defense hasn’t been as special as last year.  Honestly, Gunnar has looked better at short.  Mateo hasn’t been bad, just not as spectacular as last year. 

I would not be unhappy if he goes to bench or other.  He is never going to hit 

Do we really have to keep playing Mateo everyday just because he doesn't have any options and they don't want to lose him? Considering our other options, I'd be perfectly fine with getting rid of Mateo, trade him for a bag of balls.

Just now, dtk9119 said:

Mateo... automatic out. Are hitting coaches even working with him? He strikes out the same way every. Single.time.

If the Orioles had a left-handed hitting SS in the system, it would make some sense to bring them up.  They don’t though. 

Just now, Brian88 said:

Do we really have to keep playing Mateo everyday just because he doesn't have any options and they don't want to lose him? Considering our other options, I'd be perfectly fine with getting rid of Mateo, trade him for a bag of balls.

I don't know, 468,000 posts on a message board every day complaining about it might make Elias change his mind.

• Haha 1