Monday Moves (Can’t hold the Mayo and Bowie takes a Holliday)

Legend_Of_Joey

4 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Do you say this because you think he needs to develop more and you think the odds of him making the necessary developmental steps forward are close to 0?

Given  how well he's played thus far it's not entirely out of the question that he OPSes 1.000 in Bowie/Norfolk and puts himself in the conversation for next opening day.  I wouldn't say it's terribly likely, but I'd put the odds higher than 10% for sure.  But I can see why you'd think he's going to maybe struggle a little more at higher levels if you think he still has development to do.

I don't think Elias has any intention of starting his clock, adding him to a 40-man prematurely, nor is there a place for him to play right now. This is a his first full season, let him have success. Next year he can play in AAA, have success, and be up in the big leagues if his play warrants.

There is just no need for him right now even if he tears up AA which I thin is going to be a little bit of adjustment for him. He still hits too many ground balls so that is something he needs to work on.