2023 4th Round Pick (#118): Levi Wells - RHP - (Jr) Texas State (TX)

3rd pitcher so far.  I like that we're taking NCAA guys that have a chance to start and haven't dipped into taking the Douglas Hodo's of the world.  Elias and Co. are ready to show that they can develop pitchers.  These guys have some projections.  

The biggest part it is... they're all healthy.  

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

3rd pitcher so far.  I like that we're taking NCAA guys that have a chance to start and haven't dipped into taking the Douglas Hodo's of the world.  Elias and Co. are ready to show that they can develop pitchers.  These guys have some projections.  

The biggest part it is... they're all healthy.  

Yeah, I think they need to have an influx of college pitchers just to catch up with the hitters moving up the ranks.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is definitely a different philosophy this year. I'm liking it. The pitching in the org is really poor and this draft should help that.

Also, why not draft some projectible arms, that we feel like we can develop, rather than taking 4th OF, UTIL IF,  or backup C types?

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Also, why not draft some projectible arms, that we feel like we can develop, rather than taking 4th OF, UTIL IF,  or backup C types?

Agreed.  The college competition focus and those who have projection as something more than a guy.  TBD for sure, but the logic seems solid to me.

3 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

A couple of our younger position prospects must be breathing a sigh of relief. It's about time they're not having talent stacked up immediately behind them. 

The buildup of the Latin program might have something to do with needing less positional players in the draft.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...