2023 18th Round Pick (#541): Tanner Witt - RHP - (Jr) Texas (TX)

12 minutes ago, baltfan said:

From Kiley McDaniel:

. Texas RHP Tanner Witt (73; late-first talent out of HS who returned from Tommy John surgery this year and things never clicked) is headed back to school and prep SS Kollin Ritchie (293; powerful left-handed hitter who hasn't faced much top pitching) is another tough sign who I don't expect will sign.

If they could somehow throw 1.5M - 2M at him, with the resources the team will have to rehab from TJ surgery, that would be tough to turn down.  If his goal is to be a pro player, I'd have to think he'd be better off in a pro system in his recovery from TJ.

My own SWAG on signing O's overslot draft picks.  I'm assigning Baumeister, Cunningham, Forret, Lott, Witt, and Ritchie as the overslot picks.  The remaining picks can probably be signed with about $920K in savings with reasonable underslot deals (based on my series of educated guesses LOL).   O's can go 5% over for another $526K.  That brings the total "overslot" pot to $1.446M.  

I think Baumeister will take about $1.4M ($+157K overslot), Cunningham will take $500K (+103K overslot) leaving $1.186M for Forret, Lott, Ritchie and finally Witt.  I don't think $1.336M is enough to get Witt ($1.186M + $150K), especially based on his recent Twitter posts.  I'm for spreading the remaining $1.186M among Ritchie, Forret, and Lott to get the best end result we can.  I'd love to end up with Forret, Lott, and Ritchie.  I don't think Witt is in the cards.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...