All star game. Rooting for our boys!

Gurgi

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

You sit around like a spider waiting for me to comment on the horrors of Mountcastle's defense?  

I don't really have to sit around, you make up reasons to do it.

It's the All Star game, you can take a day off.

Hmm a Blue Jay made an error, how can I use this chance to put Mountcastle in a negative light?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hmm a Blue Jay made an error, how can I use this chance to put Mountcastle in a negative light?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I dont know why you care.  I guess you didnt see the horrifying rash of non plays Mountcastle made this year?  I have watched every game.  It got so bad I expected him to not make the play.  And for a while he was extremely predictable.  One game he muffed three throws all skipping in front of him.  But you go on protecting him.  Like he has a long future with us anyway.  He wont likely be here in a year but you keep defending him like you are related.  

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

I dont know why you care.  I guess you didnt see the horrifying rash of non plays Mountcastle made this year?  I have watched every game.  It got so bad I expected him to not make the play.  And for a while he was extremely predictable.  One game he muffed three throws all skipping in front of him.  But you go on protecting him.  Like he has a long future with us anyway.  He wont likely be here in a year but you keep defending him like you are related.  

I’m pretty anti Mountcastle and while I think it’s weird that CoC couldn’t let it go, I also think it’s weird that you’re that aggro over it. 

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It kinda described things properly since the RF seemed to be acting as if they were going to catch it.  It turned out on closer inspection he couldn't find it, but that definitely wasn't clear.  
    • Was going to post that earlier as well. The whiff and GB% being up is great. Velocity looks good too. His stuff+ is considerably down from last year in a SSS though, mostly due to his 4 seamer (which he hardly uses), his slider (from 171 to 136 which would’ve been top 5 among qualifiers last year), and his changeup (from 97 to 26).  His current stuff+ still would’ve been top 10 last year among qualifiers, that’s just down from being 2nd overall (behind Burnes). He’s only thrown 20 4S’s and 2 changeups so both (even smaller) SSS. The slider is down just a hair velo wise. Not sure if the spin is down but he’s getting more whiffs on it. 
    • Subtlety doesn't often work on the internet, but this is very funny.
    • Oakland is in a weird place for sure.  If they truly are going to try to build for being good in 2028 for the big splash in Las Vegas.  Then trading for major league or even major league ready players makes little sense.  In that situation you want to trade for a large mass of highly regarded lower tier guys.  But that does not really make sense either to me.  The odds of more than one panning out is not that high.  I guess the best thing for Oakland would be sit on Miller and see how well he does for the next three years and deal him with two/three years of control left.  If he is as skilled as we think he is he would get more in return with a longer track record and health history.   Nothing makes sense to me for Oakland to trade him.  I would make a team over pay.  
    • Chuck Thompson for me.  As a kid he was the voice of summer.
    • It's not just you. She was fine. Ben calls Irvin Irving, they all make mistakes. Is she the best announcer we have? Not even close. Is she as bad as people are making her out to be? Not even close. Hive mind is strong on this type of subjective topic.
    • Super encouraged that Bradish stuff looks as nasty as last year.  His metrics are even better so far: whiff% 30.4 (vs 25.9 last year), groundball% 59.1 (vs 49.1 last year).  As Big Ben mentioned, he has upped usage of 2 seamer in lieu of 4 seamer while rest of offspeed offerings are similar to last season for slider and curveball. 
  • Popular Contributors