Tuesday, July 18: Orioles try to even series with Dodgers

SteveA

O'Hearn is not a good defensive 1B, he is in there because of what he can do with the bat. We are going to have to live with the poor d. Hopefully, Mayo can get good reps at the position for the rest of the season at AAA and then be ready to go to start next year.

4 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I go back to Gunnar and Adley. I'm not worried about Cowser or Westburg. They have the requisite talent to succeed at this level. To be truthful, I'm not worried about Grayson either. They all are very talented and they will figure it out, but it's probably not going to be overnight. Gunnar took about 2 months to get it going, Adley took about a month/20 games. And even with both of them, they are still growing/learning/maturing/developing.

I know we want them all to succeed right now, but that's usually not how things go in the modern game. It usually takes some time.

What time do they need?  Labor Day.  

5 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Minor league stats, I have been informed, always translate into big league success.  

What the heck even is this comment?  There's a pretty fierce debate on how well minor league stats translate to the majors even among analytics gurus, so I have no idea why you'd say something like this unless you're quoting someone that's misinformed or just trying to be hyperbolic.

Man.  I flew out here from CO yesterday, drive up from NC today and scrambled to get here once checked in at the hotel.  They’re making me struggle to say it was worth it LOL

On the other hand, I did pick up a nice set of goodies at Members Rewards 😎

IMG_8369.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I go back to Gunnar and Adley. I'm not worried about Cowser or Westburg. They have the requisite talent to succeed at this level. To be truthful, I'm not worried about Grayson either. They all are very talented and they will figure it out, but it's probably not going to be overnight. Gunnar took about 2 months to get it going, Adley took about a month/20 games. And even with both of them, they are still growing/learning/maturing/developing.

I know we want them all to succeed right now, but that's usually not how things go in the modern game. It usually takes some time.

I get that .. I understand.. i saw rookies come up in the 1960s, 70s, 80s, 90s etc.  

What I am saying is we can’t just always totally be rigidly adhering to a plan of bringing up and developing the prospects as the only tool in the toolbox when we  find ourselves ahead of a winning schedule. 

I am patiently waiting to see if this team gets any other reinforcements or they just go with the current squad.