Rays Series III

Frobby

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

This might end up being the biggest series we play all regular season. 4 games on the road against the co-division leader. The fact that MLB isn’t marketing this better just shows how behind the times they are. 

The sum total of Tampa Bay fans could fit in the high school gym.  Half the people alive today don't remember the last time Baltimore was a power.  Baseball marketing is driven by a half dozen teams and everyone else is the chorus line.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

The sum total of Tampa Bay fans could fit in the high school gym.  Half the people alive today don't remember the last time Baltimore was a power.  Baseball marketing is driven by a half dozen teams and everyone else is the chorus line.  

And that will be a self-fulfilling prophecy as long as MLB makes no effort to market any other teams. Look at the NBA and NFL. If the two best teams in any league were playing, they’d find a way to get it to a national audience. 

Without any MLB marketing: you'll have a World-Wide-Audience tonight!

(@ least one viewer in Europe🤣)

Won't get much sleep this weekend (next 2 games are 1am where i live 🥱).

Hope Hyde goes with the hot hand (Jordan!) and holds Frazier @ bench (no Frazier rant ...). Gibson in game 1 gives me 😱 but my guts tell me he'll have a good game like he did 5/9 vs TB.

Go O's. 🥳

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

Without any MLB marketing: you'll have a World-Wide-Audience tonight!

(@ least one viewer in Europe🤣)

Won't get much sleep this weekend (next 2 games are 1am where i live 🥱).

Hope Hyde goes with the hot hand (Jordan!) and holds Frazier @ bench (no Frazier rant ...). Gibson in game 1 gives me 😱 but my guts tell me he'll have a good game like he did 5/9 vs TB.

Go O's. 🥳

That makes two of us 😉

Gonna be all about the pitching, obviously. Gibson seems to have kind of lost himself recently. Bradish has been excellent. Wells needs a bounceback. Grayson looked promising but needs to get through an order 3 times, and do so convincingly. 

Edited by interloper

44 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Hey, what matchup could possibly be more compelling for this week's Sunday Night Baseball than Red Sox-Mets?!

1 hour ago, Moshagge3 said:

Hey, what matchup could possibly be more compelling for this week's Sunday Night Baseball than Red Sox-Mets?!

It's that juicy large market goodness that's as irresistible to Rob Manfred as crack cocaine.  MLB's legendary marketing prowess on full display once again. 

7 hours ago, waroriole said:

This might end up being the biggest series we play all regular season. 4 games on the road against the co-division leader. The fact that MLB isn’t marketing this better just shows how behind the times they are. 

Meh.   It’s still early in the race, and both these teams are likely to make the playoffs no matter how this series comes out.  I doubt many fans who don’t root for the O’s or Rays care much about this series.  

• Upvote 1