Os acquiring Fujinami for Easton Lucas

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, AdleysPecks said:

Lol. I’d rather have Lester than this guy. 

Why?  Who on the current roster would you sit to let Lester play?  I can think of several relievers I would sit to let Fujinami take a shot with his 100 mph fastball and tutelage from the O's developmental staff.

9 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I always kept any eye on him bc he was the other half of the Villar trade. I remember the drama with Villar as we approached the non-tender deadline. It was first reported that the O's just put him on waivers and the Marlins picked up his salary, but the it was shortly changed to a trade for Lucas. I was hoping he was make the MLB team one day just so we can say we got something for Villar.

The trade is basically Villar for Fujinama now; we're finally getting MLB value from the Villar trade

Take it one step further, this is actually a Schoop for Fujinama trade

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yark14 said:

Dude, take a chill pill.  No need to berate people.

Actually there is!  It's great for people to throw opinions out and have discussions but you are giving nothing to discuss.  It's like me saying I would rather have Ryan McKenna than Ohtani and giving no context or reason as to why I believe that.  What's the point in saying something that seems outlandish without backing it up with anything to convince someone you might be right?  On another subject, I'd rather have Tim Tebow than Lamar Jackson.  Just my opinion.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TraditionRich said:

Actually there is!  It's great for people to throw opinions out and have discussions but you are giving nothing to discuss.  It's like me saying I would rather have Ryan McKenna than Ohtani and giving no context or reason as to why I believe that.  What's the point in saying something that seems outlandish without backing it up with anything to convince someone you might be right?  On another subject, I'd rather have Tim Tebow than Lamar Jackson.  Just my opinion.

lol, you guys are relentless.  Again, my sarcasm wasn't taken.  I'll work on writing details and context on all my thoughts and opinions.

I don't think this is a bad trade at all.  Easton Lucas could end up being a decent pitcher in the majors, he could also flame out.  Nobody doubts that Fujinama has incredible stuff.  Yes he has been awesome lately, but he also was very bad early in the season.  There is always the possibility that he regresses to the pitcher he was in April+May.

With that said, our bullpen really needs an upgrade and I don't blame Elias for taking a chance on Fujinama.  I hope it works out.  He will be very fun to watch with that stuff.

Edited by yark14

Love the trade.  We didn't have to give up much and we got a guy who can throw 100 who has pitched very well in June and July as a reliever, despite horrible season numbers skewed by his failed attempt at starting early in the season.   Most likely his stuff plays up in shorter stints and I'm guessing he needed to pare back his repertoire.   

Best of all, there are still two weeks to the trade deadline.  If he looks suspect we can trade for another reliever to replace him.  If he looks great, we still probably need one more guy for the pen, but we'll still have almost all of our trade ammunition left.

• Upvote 2

Great move by the front office. Really like this idea of stacking relievers with absolutely nasty stuff. It has worked out spectacularly with Cano. And Bautista isn't a recent acquisition, but he fits the profile of a lesser-known international reliever who can come out of the pen and just overwhelm the side. Extremely low risk but high reward.

34 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

Love the trade.  We didn't have to give up much and we got a guy who can throw 100 who has pitched very well in June and July as a reliever, despite horrible season numbers skewed by his failed attempt at starting early in the season.   Most likely his stuff plays up in shorter stints and I'm guessing he needed to pare back his repertoire.   

Best of all, there are still two weeks to the trade deadline.  If he looks suspect we can trade for another reliever to replace him.  If he looks great, we still probably need one more guy for the pen, but we'll still have almost all of our trade ammunition left.

I agree with you, but to nitpick, we have ALL of our trade ammunition still. No other teams were going to be asking for Easton Lucas. This is a great low risk, high reward move.

Fuji takes a lot pressure off of Cano, Baker, and Baumann. He’s a lot cheaper than what Jordan Hicks would’ve been and maybe better. 

Also, I think he’s a guy trying to find who he is in the U.S.  With us, he has a defined role as a 7th inning guy. Oakland was moving him all around. Now he can focus on 1-3 of his pitches and not 7. 

Bautista, Cano, Fuji, Baker, Baumann

Columbe, Perez, Vespi, Irvin

Looking at that… we might need a vet lefty at the deadline. Perez has struggled. Vespi could be that guy. Maybe a LOOGY type to face the Freddie Freeman’s of the world. Darwinzon Hernandez???

Edited by sportsfan8703

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Fuji takes a lot pressure off of Cano, Baker, and Baumann. He’s a lot cheaper than what Jordan Hicks would’ve been and maybe better. 

Also, I think he’s a guy trying to find who he is in the U.S.  With us, he has a defined role as a 7th inning guy. Oakland was moving him all around. Now he can focus on 1-3 of his pitches and not 7. 

Bautista, Cano, Fuji, Baker, Baumann

Columbe, Perez, Vespi, Irvin

Looking at that… we might need a vet lefty at the deadline. Perez has struggled. Vespi could be that guy. Maybe a LOOGY type to face the Freddie Freeman’s of the world. Darwinzon Hernandez???

Josh Hader 😎

• Upvote 1