Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

7 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Colton Cowser and Connor Norby for Mike Yastrzemski.  (Could throw in Mateo and expand the trade to include a lottery ticket pitcher).   Would you make that trade? Trading present day power and peak performance for upside but upside you can spare, doesn’t mortgage the future and upgrades the OF for the post season and next year. 

The Mike Yastrzemski with a .232 average and .732 OPS? That’s turning 33 in a month? Absolutely freaking not.

Edited by Mooreisbetter27
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Colton Cowser and Connor Norby for Mike Yastrzemski.  (Could throw in Mateo and expand the trade to include a lottery ticket pitcher).   Would you make that trade? Trading present day power and peak performance for upside but upside you can spare, doesn’t mortgage the future and upgrades the OF for the post season and next year. 

Two top 100 prospects, including one generally listed in the top 15, for Little Yaz? I don't understand this proposal. Yaz hasn't been particularly good since 2020. 

30 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

Mike Yastrzemski's peak was 2019-2020 and Colton Cowser's begins in about a hundred at-bats from now.  So no, I wouldn't make that trade.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Brooks Raley is just the right type of value to cost effective trade that Mike Elias can help the team with.

Yea and we can keep him next year if we want. Baumann/Columbe/Fuji/Raley/Cano/Bautista would be a really solid bullpen.

MLB Network did a segment on the Orioles trade needs. Most appropriate quote I've heard all year...

"You really don't know when your window is opened, and you really don't know how long your window stays open. Because things in our game change so rapidly. All the players that are healthy this year, may not be healthy next year."

https://www.mlb.com/news/teams-that-should-go-all-in-at-2023-trade-deadline

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pat Kelly said:

Middling power and a terrible batting average...why in the world would be target Mike Yastrzemski? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Bowden was horrible as a GM. The pits.

More importantly Bowden left under the cloud of signing bonus skimming allegations. Why would anyone ever trust a single word he says? It's amazing to me that he's even been able to land a job with a somewhat credible news organization. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

More importantly Bowden left under the cloud of signing bonus skimming allegations. Why would anyone ever trust a single word he says? It's amazing to me that he's even been able to land a job with a somewhat credible news organization. 

ARod, who brazenly denied using steroids and called it a witch-hunt for a solid year is one of their point men now.   They don’t care about integrity.   That much is clear.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

ARod, who brazenly denied using steroids and called it a witch-hunt for a solid year is one of their point men now.   They don’t care about integrity.   That much is clear.

This...  Multiplied by the number of media networks owned by their 92 year old billionaire owner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pat Kelly said:

I wouldn’t even trade Fabian for Yaz straight up

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

MLB Network did a segment on the Orioles trade needs. Most appropriate quote I've heard all year...

"You really don't know when your window is opened, and you really don't know how long your window stays open. Because things in our game change so rapidly. All the players that are healthy this year, may not be healthy next year."

https://www.mlb.com/news/teams-that-should-go-all-in-at-2023-trade-deadline

Not relevant if they are emulating the Rays. Windows open and close due to players aging, injuries, budget, poor trades etc. 

If they aren’t handing out big contracts or very few they will trade early vs a year late. The system trades high priced players for multiple prospects. This keeps the farm thriving. How long has the Rays  their window been open?

Edited by Roll Tide

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Not relevant if they are emulating the Rays. Windows open and close due to players aging, injuries, budget, poor trades etc. 

If they aren’t handing out big contracts or very few they will trade early vs a year late. The system trades high priced players for multiple prospects. This keeps the farm thriving. How long has the Rays  their window been open?

THEY AREN'T EMULATING THE RAYS.

The Rays extend young players to team friendly deals.

Rays current window has been open since 2018 (14-17 was a pretty down period). 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

THEY AREN'T EMULATING THE RAYS.

The Rays extend young players to team friendly deals.

Rays current window has been open since 2018 (14-17 was a pretty down period). 

Angelos claimed that was ther model with a bit more dough.