2023 Trade Deadline Hot Stove

RVAOsFan

1 hour ago, btdart20 said:

Pirates Trade Carlos Santana To Brewers - MLB Trade Rumors

MIL pushing some their chips in.  :)  (I hope we play some teams that are punting after the trade deadline!)

I had been thinking about this for weeks. And we still don't know if the Padres, Mets, and Mariners can be consider sellers. But if so, that helps us because they're 3 of the teams in the August schedule. We also get the A's, Rockies, and the White Sox. Our toughest opponents are the Blue Jays and the Astros.

August Schedule...

1. Blue Jays
  2. Mets
  3. Astros
  4. Mariners
  5. Padres
  6. A's
  7. Blue Jays
  8. Rockies
  9. White Sox

August looks like it could be a good month for the schedule, but September could be a gauntlet. The September schedule...

1. Diamondbacks
  2. Angels
  3. Red Sox
  4. Cardinals (sellers)
  5. Rays (4 games)
  6. Astros
  7. Guardians (4 games)
  8. Nationals (2 games/Sellers)
  9. Red Sox (4 games into September 1)

3 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I had been thinking about this for weeks. And we still don't know if the Padres, Mets, and Mariners can be consider sellers. But if so, that helps us because they're 3 of the teams in the August schedule. We also get the A's, Rockies, and the White Sox. Our toughest opponents are the Blue Jays and the Astros.

August Schedule...

1. Blue Jays
  2. Mets
  3. Astros
  4. Mariners
  5. Padres
  6. A's
  7. Blue Jays
  8. Rockies
  9. White Sox

August looks like it could be a good month for the schedule, but September could be a gauntlet. The September schedule...

1. Diamondbacks
  2. Angels
  3. Red Sox
  4. Cardinals (sellers)
  5. Rays (4 games)
  6. Astros
  7. Guardians (4 games)
  8. Nationals (2 games/Sellers)
  9. Red Sox (4 games into September 1)

Doesn't look that bad to me.

11 minutes ago, PHRESH said:

Robertson to the Marlins. 

Apparently happened during the rain delay.  Tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 8th, Mets had bases loaded and one out and Robertson was warming.

Then there was a rain delay more than an hour long.  After it resumed, the Mets got a sac fly and then brought Raley in for the save.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Apparently happened during the rain delay.  Tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 8th, Mets had bases loaded and one out and Robertson was warming.

Then there was a rain delay more than an hour long.  After it resumed, the Mets got a sac fly and then brought Raley in for the save.

Mid game trades get my juices flowin'

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

What would you consider a comparable Orioles package? Something like Aneudis Mordan and Thomas Sosa?

Both Marlins guys have outstanding walk:strikeout numbers but I don’t know how highly regarded they are.   Let’s go Aron Estrada and Leandro Arias.

11 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Marlins get David Robertson for nothing ..wish we had added him

This is 100% wrong. Vargas has huge helium, and isn't that far off from giving up Basallo. One of the guys at Baseball Prospectus wanted him in their top 50.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Give me Brooks Raley for the win. Make it so.

21 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

This is 100% wrong. Vargas has huge helium, and isn't that far off from giving up Basallo. One of the guys at Baseball Prospectus wanted him in their top 50.

And the Marlins are the inverse of us in that they have a bunch of pitchers but very few position players, and they're trading one of their few position players for a 40-year-old reliever rental. I would not be happy with paying that price if I'm a Marlins fan.

28 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

isn't that far off from giving up Basallo

This doesn't do much for your credibility.

They got two nice looking young prospects and they didn't have to eat any of Robertson's salary.  Good deal.  As much value as Basallo?  Umm... no.