Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

52 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

It will be a distraction. How much let it be is the question. Reporters are going to have to be reporters and ask the players about this. I think with this group, they don't care. The pbp announcer has no bearing on what the players need to do.

I hope this just goes away. It's dumb that this has to be a story. F JA.

What indications do you have from listening to press conferences and player interviews that you feel the Orioles beat reporters are going to ask players these questions? And even if they did, I can guarantee the players will say they have no comment on it because they are focused on the game at hand.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Malike said:

Right, but fair or not, the "Orioles" go from the golden child of MLB to a national embarrassment, I don't think it's too far out there to suggest it can spill over to the field. It puts the players in an uncomfortable position.

A great way to dirty up the Orioles for being so successful.  Remember the Yankee comments "They don't deserve to win so many games"?.  So many posters here seem to be desperate to sully the Orioles. Somehow first place is not good enough for them.

6 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

No one in their right mind would pick up Brown to do their broadcasts. Sorry but baseball announcers are nice (if they stick to baseball) but replacable. NO ORGANIZATION needs a diva who causes problems for their employer.  He should find another line or work.  This is not the place for "social influencers" or the Kardashians groupies.   Please remember that there have been a series of different broadcasters for the O's this year.  It might just be as simple as they felt his style was not where they wanted to be going.  That is okay, but all the drama queens got themselves involved.

You do realize that the Orioles are bringing back Brown, right?

23 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

And what is their source?  What is your standard for corroboration?  Do you really really think that AA was the first one to have inside sources and information on details of the Orioles?    By the way,  have you noticed what these terrible owners have build the Oriole team up to?  Are we in first place or not?

I agree with this. The Angelos owned Orioles have had more winning seasons since 1994 than ANY MLB franchise has had in the past eight seasons.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

And what is their source?  What is your standard for corroboration?  Do you really really think that AA was the first one to have inside sources and information on details of the Orioles?    By the way,  have you noticed what these terrible owners have build the Oriole team up to?  Are we in first place or not?

Our first place standing has little to nothing to do with the owners. Mostly all to do with Elias/Sig, Hyde, and the players. Angelos lucked out in hiring Elias/Sig. But by all indications his awfulness and tendencies toward self-distraction and organizational sabotage is most likely going to drive them away at some point.

I’m not sure if you are aware of this or not, but by continuing to question the legitimacy of multiple independent sources, it makes it appear that you have a biased toward the Angelos family. I’m not trying to accuse you of anything, but just wanted to make you aware of a perception that could exist based on your posts in this thread.

12 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

The biggest concern I have with this is how it affects someone like Elias.    Stupid stuff like this happening in the middle of a pennant race might be a good way to lose quality employees.

Of course. @wildcard started his thread yesterday, before all this bs went down and I don’t think his point was invalid but stuff like this makes it easier to see Elias and anyone worth a damn easily walk out the door. 

Dumb stuff like this could easily cause a chain reaction that puts this organization right back in the 2000s.

5 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

A great way to dirty up the Orioles for being so successful.  Remember the Yankee comments "They don't deserve to win so many games"?.  So many posters here seem to be desperate to sully the Orioles. Somehow first place is not good enough for them.

We have been over this.  Angelos is dirtying up the Orioles, not the media or the fans.  Angelos is the one who suspended Kevin Brown over nothing, not the fans or media.  What is so hard to understand about this?

1 minute ago, dzorange said:

You do realize that the Orioles are bringing back Brown, right?

Yes, and so what. They have been cycling in broadcasters in and out all year. So that they are bringing him back means that you and your pals have to STFU about "they fired BROWN ???   Angelos is the devil incarnate.  The Orioles are terrible etc,

• Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

No one in their right mind would pick up Brown to do their broadcasts. Sorry but baseball announcers are nice (if they stick to baseball) but replacable. NO ORGANIZATION needs a diva who causes problems for their employer.  He should find another line or work.  This is not the place for "social influencers" or the Kardashians groupies.   Please remember that there have been a series of different broadcasters for the O's this year.  It might just be as simple as they felt his style was not where they wanted to be going.  That is okay, but all the drama queens got themselves involved.

Are you seriously defending John Angelos how thickheaded are you 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

How sad.  The team is in first place and "fans" want to find something to bitch about.

You are quickly becoming a troll. What makes you think any of WANTED to talk about this? This IS a story whether you want to admit it or not. Either way, you can have any opinion that you want but trolling is not allowed on this site. If you have nothing better to add than these comments, please move on or we will help you move on.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

Not one person is “sullying” the Os. This is all about John Angelos. No one and nothing else. Either read and educate yourself or go away. This site is too smart for you.

1 minute ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

Yes, and so what. They have been cycling in broadcasters in and out all year. So that they are bringing him back means that you and your pals have to STFU about "they fired BROWN ???   Angelos is the devil incarnate.  The Orioles are terrible etc,

So you're the victim here. You and poor John. Got it.