The Orioles will not win the 2023 WS, and may not make the playoffs...and that is Ok

OnlyOneOriole

4 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I already said the other day that they will 99% make the playoffs.  My post heading was WILL NOT win the WS, and MAY NOT make the playoffs.  And that was  a month ago when I made it.  Obviously barring a complete collapse they are making the playoffs.

WILL NOT and MAY NOT are 2 very different things.  I also said if they don't do either?  That is ok.  This has been a great experience for them heading into next year.

There wasn't a realistic scenario a month ago where they weren't going to make the playoffs, but let me just say that if they don't make the World Series, it's a black mark, it's not OK, under any circumstances.  If they missed the playoffs I'd be firing more than the manager. They've been the best team in the AL for quite a while now. This isn't part of the "process". Their window is open. They are standing on the ledge. If they don't crawl through the window, that's a failure flat-out and failing is what they're doing now. 4 losses in a row is not acceptable, to lose 4 in a row when you need those games for a division title is a firing offense, sorry, it's a choke, it's not a learning experience.  

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Robert Drake said:

There wasn't a realistic scenario a month ago where they weren't going to make the playoffs, but let me just say that if they don't make the World Series, it's a black mark, it's not OK, under any circumstances.  If they missed the playoffs I'd be firing more than the manager. They've been the best team in the AL for quite a while now. This isn't part of the "process". Their window is open. They are standing on the ledge. If they don't crawl through the window, that's a failure flat-out and failing is what they're doing now. 4 losses in a row is not acceptable, to lose 4 in a row when you need those games for a division title is a firing offense, sorry, it's a choke, it's not a learning experience.  

Elite trolling here 😂 

39 minutes ago, Robert Drake said:

Probably no World Series team has ever lost 4 in a row, right? You think Hyde makes it past this weekend?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robert Drake said:

I think we can all agree that a truly great team like, say, the 1969 Orioles, would never ever lose four important games in a row.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yes, that was quite a struggle.  Only squeaked in with 14 games to play (we clinched before today’s game was over).   

43 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

So glad they figured out a way to make a playoffs

Sometimes I wonder about the IQ level of some of the people on this website.   Heck forget that I often wonder about the IQ level of the human race in general.

I guess it is the same people who said they didn't want Nelson Cruz signed for $14 M back in 2014.  Which I said was the best signing they could ever make at the time. 

Many of you said that was idiotic.

Enough said.

First, I made the OP 45 days ago. 

Secondly, I already said they would make the playoffs last week.

Third, I said in the OP headline WILL NOT win the WS and MAY NOT make the playoffs.

For anyone with a brain cell?  WILL and MAY have completely different meanings.

I still don't think they have the pitching to win the WS, but I am VERY happy that they are in the playoffs.

Ask my wife.  :)

Edited by OnlyOneOriole