The Orioles will not win the 2023 WS, and may not make the playoffs...and that is Ok

OnlyOneOriole

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Just remember what this thread was about.

I said will not win the WS and may not make the playoffs.  IF they keep playing like this they will not do either.

Come winning time the cream rises to the top.  This is now 3 and a half games, 2 of which were against scrub pitchers, where they have done nothing. 

Right now we have the froth......no cream.

Stars win championships.  We don't have those.....yet.  We may in a year.....or 2.

Anyone saying otherwise is deluding themselves.  This is a younger version of the Os teams from 2014ish.    Try hard but not that talented. 

Yes, we know what it’s about. It’s about the stupidest post anyone has ever written on this site.

Thats what it’s about.

Questioning whether or not they make the playoffs is a moronic thing to say. 

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Thanks for your input and insightful analysis.

!0/10. 

No analysis is needed for stupidity.

You want to doubt their chances of winning in the playoffs, that’s fine. Doubting them making the playoff is legitimately dumb. It literally shows complete ignorance to the process of how to get there, where they are, etc…it’s either you being a troll, being completely ignorant to the process or just being an attention whore. 

That’s my analysis.

Edited by Sports Guy

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

No analysis is needed for stupidity.

You want to doubt their chances of winning in the playoffs, that’s fine. Doubting them making the playoff is legitimately dumb. It literally shows complete ignorance to the process of how to get there, where they are, etc…it’s either you being a troll, being completely ignorant to the process or just being an attention whore. 

That’s my analysis.

Once again, analysis is breathtaking in scope and scale. 

Keep it up. 

Understand I made this thread over a month ago when I already saw the weaknesses.  It took longer to start appearing but we are seeing them now when there is PRESSURE.

Will they make the playoffs? 

Probably?

Chances of winning a WS this year?  Next to zero. 

3 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Once again, analysis is breathtaking in scope and scale. 

Keep it up. 

Understand I made this thread over a month ago when I already saw the weaknesses.  It took longer to start appearing but we are seeing them now when there is PRESSURE.

Will they make the playoffs? 

Probably?

Chances of winning a WS this year?  Next to zero. 

No, not probably. It’s a 100% certainty.

It was foolish for you to have doubted it a month ago.

Its downright idiotic to even remotely question it now.

And again, there is no analysis for dumb comments. It would be like you coming on here and saying the sky is magenta. I don’t need analysis to show you how dumb that is.

The Orioles probably could lose every game the rest of the year and they would make the playoffs. It’s just an absurd thought.

If you want to discuss how well they can do in the playoffs, that’s fine. That’s an actual discussion but that discussion gets lost as soon as the dumb comments come out. 

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

We obviously will make the playoffs but likely wont stay around long.  This team is not built for the playoffs.  

We have no ace just a group of guys who get hot for a ten game stretch or so.  If they get hot in the playoffs maybe we win one game.  If not we get swept.  

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

We obviously will make the playoffs but likely wont stay around long.  This team is not built for the playoffs.  

We have no ace just a group of guys who get hot for a ten game stretch or so.  If they get hot in the playoffs maybe we win one game.  If not we get swept.  

The team wasn't willing to make the type of moves that fortify a team for the playoffs.

15 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Saying the Os are going to struggle to MAKE the playoffs, when they have a magic number of like 3 with 2 weeks to go is one of the most absurd, uneducated sounding things I have seen on this board.

They May struggle to win the division. They may struggle to win a series in the playoffs. But they are 100% making the playoffs and they aren’t going to be on pins and needles to do it.

I agree with the above while also acknowledging that this is the 14th different post he has said the same or nearly the same thing.*

14 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

To be fair, making their posts look awful can be amusing and fun.

This is why I agree here.

*14th is a randomly chosen number for effect.

31 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I am not as down as you are. This is an obvious slump. They will come out of it.

4 hours ago, Spakman said:

Great someone bumped the most pathetic  opening post I’ve seen.

But so so sooooooooo true.  :)

It took about 3 weeks for my prediction to come true.....but coming true it is.

And I take no pleasure in this.  You are talking about a guy who celebrated with 1000s of other O's fans last week in Anaheim.

But reality is reality.  They have given us a great season.  Hopefully this late season swoon convinces the Os brass they need to make some big additions this off season.

Edited by OnlyOneOriole
  • Downvote 2

16 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Eh, I'm pretty good at recognizing and ignoring trolls.  I don't think this guy's a troll, he just doesn't understand the current situation at all.

Ok. NOW he's trolling haha.  OOO, you've been told by about 15 people why you're wrong about the playoffs, if you choose to ignore the facts then enjoy.  

You're right that they likely won't win the World Series, which is the same for every other team in baseball.