When rosters expand who do we call up???

DocJJ

1 minute ago, DocJJ said:

Pitcher:

John Means?  DL Hall?  Someone else?

Position player:

Colton Cowser? Heston Kjerstad? Jackson Holliday? Someone else?

Hard to go wrong.  Means if ready, Hall if not. I would go with giving the prodigy the experience of a rocking Camden Yards playoff run but probably one of the other two. 

I'm hoping a third catcher isn't one of the choices. A pitcher is a must and would be nice if DL Hall is ready. Hall could be a nasty weapon out of the bullpen if he isn't too wild.

Also want to see John Means if he can progress to being ready to face MLB hitters in live game action, but he's not really a call up.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

I think it’s a shuttle. We’ll likely have a third catcher up at times. We’ll probably see Cowser, and maybe Ortiz. 

For pitchers, gotta think Hall is part of the shuttle. He may even be up on Tuesday for Vespi. Means and Wells will be up at times. We may see Irvin and Baumann optioned at times. I think they just keep rotating players in. 

54 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm hoping a third catcher isn't one of the choices. A pitcher is a must and would be nice if DL Hall is ready. Hall could be a nasty weapon out of the bullpen us he isn't too wild.

Also want to see John Means if he can progress to being ready to face MLB hitters in live game action, but he's not really a call up.

Once we get to the playoffs, we should not have use for a third catcher, with all of the days off

When we were getting our collective teeth kicked in 3 years ago, someone asked Means about the season and the bad ending and he said we will be back here in 3 years - I may have embellished a bit - but he was right and should be here for the ride if physically ready 

22 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Once we get to the playoffs, we should not have use for a third catcher, with all of the days off

Also with McCann hitting there is less need to pinch hit for him, and we never need to PH for Adley. 

For most likely I'm going with Means and Ortiz. For what I'd like to see, McDermott and Kjerstad.