Is Flaherty injured or sick? Kremer starting tonight.

Sports Guy

2 hours ago, Jammer7 said:

No, he didn’t.

Yes, I did. Flaherty is not completely healthy, and he is still a better option than Rom for a playoff team. And for many reasons. They’ll back off him to get more miles from him down the stretch. Flaherty has not been healthy since COVID 2020. 

I am convinced it was a trade they had to make. They gave up Rom, who is a guy that may end up a back end guy for St. Louis. Rom was never going to get an opportunity in Baltimore. I am happy for him. Prieto too. Showalter is a long long shot. I still think it was a good trade for both teams. 

Ask me in a year 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Seeing @SteveA's post about the Twins' ongoing ineptitude against the Yankees got me thinking about the other AL Central teams, who it seems come up small every time they play the MFYs (save for the Tigers in the playoffs). In short: this is the rare case where perception matches reality. Since 2001 (i.e., this century), AL Central teams are 272-492 (.356) against the Yankees in the regular season, "led" by the White Sox at 60-87 (.408)—the only team to crack .400. At the other end, the Twins are 46-106 (.303)—the worst winning percentage in MLB this century by one team against an opponent in its league—and the Royals aren't much better (46-105, .305—the second-worst winning percentage). Minnesota has won the season series against the Yankees only twice this century (2001 and 2023); the Royals are even worse, having won the season series in 2014 and lost 18 of the other 21 (the teams split in 2005, 2008, and 2011). In the playoffs, Tigers teams managed by Jim Leyland are a combined 10-3 against the Yankees and have won all three series they have played (2006 ALDS, 2011 ALDS, 2012 ALCS). All other Central teams are a combined 9-25 and have lost nine of 10 series, with the lone series win coming from Cleveland in the 2007 ALDS (home of the infamous Joba bug game). Minnesota accounts for six of those series losses, with a 2-16 record (the Twins won one game each in the 2003 and 2004 Division Series). With the Yankees hosting the White Sox this weekend, we'll get a near-immediate glimpse of whether current trends will continue...
    • Hyde did say after the game on Wednesday that it was still lingering that's why he pinch ran for him.
    • Time for Stowers to show that he can hit.  Last year he only got 30 AB. 
    • Seems like Suarez would be better suited for that role.   Hard throwing righty following the lefty, coming in against the RH heavy lineup.
    • For the second time, yes, I understand that. Luck works both ways. The whole point of @Frobbyoriginal post is the angst that seems to pervade the discussion here, even though the record is fine. My comment was that there seems to be a little bit of imposter syndrome around here, a common fear that somehow our weaknesses will be discovered and exploited, and we will end the season three games behind the Promised Land. If we win a 2-1 squeaker tonight, there will be complaints.  If we LOSE 2-1 tonight, there will be complaints. They may even be the same complaints.
    • It  may also mean that Irvin is the odd man out and GRod is starting this weekend.
    • Sonny Gray is waiting for Monday after Castillo and Kirby.
  • Popular Contributors