Can anyone beat Atlanta anyway???

DocJJ

May not even have to face them. 

I agree they are clearly the best team. To be honest the team that concerns me the most in the AL is Seattle. I would be disappointed to see the Orioles lose to anyone but less so to those two teams. The AL has better overall teams but nobody wows me in either league other than Atlanta. 

They are basically like us plus Acuna and Murphy hitting close to 1.000 each... And better pitching. And a healthy closer. However, have only two more wins than us playing in an easier division. They will be a big favorite but you never know what might happen.  http://powerrankingsguru.com/mlb/strength-of-schedule.php

• Upvote 1

Its possible by Sunday night the Dodgers have swept them, and the teams are tied.     

As Sig is a rest scientist, I'm sure he'd love to see how his strategically rested young guys can do against a bunch of Braves in Game 180.

Sean Murphy, Orlando Arcia, Eddie Rosario and Marcell Ozuna are good players having very nice seasons but for me there's a whiff of Ryan O'Hearn on that half of the lineup.

Spencer Strider is laboratory perfection but also someone who only pulled a $450k bonus at age 21.75.    I'm not trading Grayson Rodriguez for him today.    The Kyle Bradish, $400k bonus man, lab experiments also show some promising results.

Baseball may not give us a LAD-ATL NLCS so enjoy the Labor Day weekend show while its here, and NL HFA is still up for grabs.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, DocJJ said:

geez.... they're starting to remind me of the '27 Yankees....!

My first World Series was 1966-the Dodgers of Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale, etc against us .. we had Moe Drawbowsky and Wally Bunker 

I went to the first game 1969 World Series … our Orioles were the 1927 Yankees .. 109 wins .. HOFers everywhere.

The Mets had Ron Swoboda and Al Weis. 

Yes, the “worse” team not only can win the World Series, they usually do. 

Edited by tntoriole
  • Like 1