Wednesday, September 13: O's face former farmhand Rom on the eve of the Showdown with Tampa

SteveA

Just now, Ripken said:

Can't believe how bad Adley has been.  It's Wieters all over again, only the defense is worse.

I wont lie Adley has me worried.  He does not seem the generational talent we were told he was.  His throwing really is rather bad.  Wieters was a wonderful catcher at throwing out runners.

2 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

They are pressing.. and maybe looking ahead. Eerily similar to last year in September. A hot and battle tested Rays team coming in.. not setting up well at all.

They are pressing.. and maybe looking ahead. Eerily similar to last year in September. A hot and battle tested Rays team coming in.. not setting up well at all.

At this point, I would take even one out of four in this series... It would give them the seasons series tie-breaker and, assuming they indeed lose this one, it would keep them tied for the division lead.

Well, we don't know how they will handle the pressure of a playoff stretch drive. If the last two games is any indication, not good. We'll find out in this next series.

The hitters look very tight.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

I wont lie Adley has me worried.  He does not seem the generational talent we were told he was.  His throwing really is rather bad.  Wieters was a wonderful catcher at throwing out runners.

I think he is a great talent having by his standards an average season. I think his offense will only get better.  His throwing is not great. 

1 minute ago, dystopia said:

You can give this team a pass for yesterday, shit happens. But today is really inexcusable.

Eh, I dunno. I mean, Wainwright is barely hanging on and can’t crack 90. His ERA was over 8, IIRC. I was expecting us to tune him up last night. I think last night was more inexcusable. 

Either way, both games have been pathetic.