Update Again Again: OPACY lease officially official, done and approved, for real this time

spleen1015

2 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

I'm fine with them doing something for children, but these social spaces for adults just seem like a silly passing fad to me. I mean, why would someone pay for a ticket just to stand in a social space and ignore the game when they can go to local bar and do the same thing?

Why do you hate fun?

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2023 at 8:56 AM, Tony-OH said:

Here's the problem, our government officials no longer feel like they have to answer to journalists if they don't like the questions.

Ever watch Fox45 in the morning and see how much corruption they dig up across Baltimore and the State? When they ask questions to the politicians or officials, they just don't respond. 

Why would they respond? People keep voting in the same old corrupt politicians while all the public does is cry and whine about how terrible things are and they can't understand why nothing changes.

Now I'm going to leave it there so we don't get too political, but the amount of corruption at every level of governments from the local to Federal levels has become insane. 

Unfortunately most people got their faces stuck in their phones watching Tik Tok videos while watching the world burn around them like it's not happening. 

So even when journalists do actually ask the right questions (and most are just bought off or in cahoots with the politicians), they are ignored.

So very true.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

That’s not how I understand it. The O’s are there at least 15 years regardless of what happens with the land deal.  

The initial story I read stated that the lease was tied to the land development deal and they had till 2027 to work that out, maybe I misread or the story was inaccurate, glad they are here for at least 15 more years, not that they were ever leaving. Now sell the team to someone interested in winning on the field not just in the wallet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, One eyed Bird said:

The initial story I read stated that the lease was tied to the land development deal and they had till 2027 to work that out, maybe I misread or the story was inaccurate, glad they are here for at least 15 more years, not that they were ever leaving. Now sell the team to someone interested in winning on the field not just in the wallet

To get the automatic additional 15 years for 30, the development deal must be agreed to by the end of 2027.   But 15 years is guaranteed.

That's not to say that if it gets to be this time in 2027 and they are close on the development deal, they could extend that deadline so even if they agreed to the development deal in Feb 2028 or something, they would still activate the 15 year extension.   

But it is only automatically activated if they reach a deal by the end of 2027.

Bottom line is the Nashville Orioles can't come into existence until at LEAST April 2038.

Edited by SteveA

6 hours ago, scbalt52 said:

I think a good restaurant in upper left field would be pretty cool, especially if it was one you could visit year-round. The DBacks had that at Chase field when I visited. We went and got lunch during the day and ate on the 'patio'. Cool to see the field the whole time. You accessed the restaurant portion and went up to it without truly entering the ballpark.

image.png.2008e83eab02eae3aa35872ba920eb5d.png

That might be a good idea considering how often they had closed the left field upper reserve sections. Plus this reminds me alot of the old Memorial Stadium restaurants. Those were classic! I'm sure they could bring a nostalgic feeling to it if they designed it properly. Let the Memorial Park restaurants influence it, but give it some of the bells and whistles of modern comfort & technology. In the world of Car Restorations, they call this type of thing "Retrod Mod".

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

That might be a good idea considering how often they had closed the left field upper reserve sections. Plus this reminds me alot of the old Memorial Stadium restaurants. Those were classic! I'm sure they could bring a nostalgic feeling to it if they designed it properly. Let the Memorial Park restaurants influence it, but give it some of the bells and whistles of modern comfort & technology. In the world of Car Restorations, they call this type of thing "Retrod Mod".

*"Retro Mod"

53 minutes ago, SteveA said:

To get the automatic additional 15 years for 30, the development deal must be agreed to by the end of 2027.   But 15 years is guaranteed.

That's not to say that if it gets to be this time in 2027 and they are close on the development deal, they could extend that deadline so even if they agreed to the development deal in Feb 2028 or something, they would still activate the 15 year extension.   

But it is only automatically activated if they reach a deal by the end of 2027.

Bottom line is the Nashville Orioles can't come into existence until at LEAST April 2038.

March or April of 2039. The lease expires December 31, 2038 if no land deal or extension is signed.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Good, even further increases the chances that i won't live to see it.

With advanced medical breakthroughs ,you should. Of course you will not need a scoreboard or sound system by then. You will  with googles that  have great sound and watch instant replays on them. Beer will be in pill form at $200 a pill. Hot dogs also at $100.