Jim Callis Os trade ideas

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, waroriole said:

I’d do the Mullins/Burnes trade if Cowser hadn’t been such a dud, especially in CF, during his call up. Way too much for Cease. Cabrera/Ortiz could be interesting, but that walk rate is scary bad. No interest in Blackburn, especially for Norby. 

Right, so everything is an overpay.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Right, so everything is an overpay.

I don’t think Mullins/Burnes is an overpay. It’s just not right for us without any CF depth. 

I don’t really know enough about Cabrera to say there. The walk rate is concerning, but you can question if Ortiz will hit enough to be an every day player. 

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

I don’t think Mullins/Burnes is an overpay. It’s just not right for us without any CF depth. 

I don’t really know enough about Cabrera to say there. The walk rate is concerning, but you can question if Ortiz will hit enough to be an every day player. 

Yes, I oversimplified things.

It's just I get frustrated with the hording mentality I see here.  There just always seems to be a reason to turn down any possible deal that contains an O's prospect that might possibly turn into something at some point.

Wasn't targeting you in particularity with the comment.

For the record going by what I've seen I don't want Cowser in Centerfield for 150 games either.

Edited by Can_of_corn

16 minutes ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

Dylan Cease for Jordan Westburg, Heston Kjerstad (MLB No. 24) and Dylan Beavers (BAL No. 9). For 2 years of Cease? That seems like a substantial overpay. Maybe take out Kjerstad and replace him with Fabian?

I’m not making that trade because Cease has only had one truly outstanding season. That’s a lot to give up for Cease if he posts his 2023 numbers again. I’m not opposed to getting Cease, but Elias better be confident if he’s willing to part with that package. 

• Upvote 1

Dylan Cease comes with two years of team control and the White Sox are going to need time and prospects to rebuild. Package infielder Jordan Westburg with outfielders Heston Kjerstad and Dylan Beavers.

That feels like too much for just Dylan Cease, but I could live with something like this: Westburg, Kjerstad, Beavers, and Mullins / Hays for Cease and Luis Robert Jr. Getting Robert Jr. as part of the deal means we're not putting all our eggs in that one Cease basket. 

• Upvote 1

Watching the Phillies kid in CF this month makes me wonder how Bradfield would compare to him by next fall.

Even if it is in a role like Jordan Lawlar on the Diamondbacks now, I have a feeling Bradfield will be part of the playoff roster next fall if we're in it and he is still in the organization.

I think if the manager follows the GM to New York, and MIL re-tools for the Jackson Chourio teams, they will lean towards colleagues for Chourio rather than MLB players almost as productive as Burnes.

Edited by Just Regular
  • Upvote 2