Texas vs. Arizona

Bahama O's Fan

41 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Would have enjoyed being a fly on the wall the past two days watching Manfred’s reaction to the conclusion of the ALCS and NLCS.

image.jpeg.eac846cdeb1ff9e6b7acfc2313c391e5.jpeg

What World Series would be worse for viewership, SF-Oak or Baltimore-Milwaukee?  I suspect it would be the former because, even though the Bay Area is a large market, all the native fans would be concentrated in one area.  I also think it's easy to overstate how much impact the small market factor will have on MLB.

Manfred is on record regretting how he handled the Astros cheating scandal, so I suspect he's glad to not have to deal with that issue this time.

A big issue regardless of the expanded postseason is the overall pitching volatility in the sport. 

I actually thought that the Orioles rotation was in better shape going into the playoffs than I imagined, that said there were still issues. No Means and a young rotation with no postseason experience and way over their previous innings highs. Plus add Bautista. The Dodgers had a 100 win team. They didn’t have a 100 win rotation. Lynn started to for them with their season on the line. Look at Atlanta. Fried had been out awhile prior to his start. No Morton. 

I also don’t think we are going to see a bunch of 6 seeds making a WS run. Find a way to keep the top 4 seeds with fewer off days and ditch some of the off days during the series. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

So...is this what MLB wants? #6 seed Arizona vs. #5 seed Texas (actually #12 and #9 se

So... if the O's had somehow squeaked into the playoffs last year, and somehow made it to the WS, we should have questioned it?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Moshagge3 said:

If the Rangers win, O's move up on the longest World Series drought list. If I'm remembering accurately, it goes:

1. Indians/Guardians ('48)

2. Senators/Rangers (have existed since the first Senators moved and never won)

3. (tied) Padres/Brewers (have existed since '69 and never won)

5. Mariners (have existed since '77 and never won)

6. Pirates (not saying when)

7. Orioles

A chance to move into the Top 6, baby!

Already at number 4 i think on last World Series appearance. 

Edited by Orioles0615

In short series the 1st game is so critical.  We loss that vs the Rangers with our ace and then had to face their top two pitchers with the pressure securely on us.   We win the Bradish start i think that we relax and take care of business vs the Rangers.  We lost it and felt like we had already lost the series because of who we had to face next two games.