Just a Rumor

Tryptamine

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

It’s also possible that PA has something in writing that while he is alive, the club has to be sold for X amount…or maybe they are saying they need more because of the taxes.

It's possible one of the sons used their gaining their "father's approval" as a negotiating tactic.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Who do you mean by “this guy?”  Carlyle Group is not a guy.   It’s an entity with a large number of owners.  

David Rubenstein specifically is who I think SG is referencing and that could be Carlyle group reference. And there has been rumors he has been eyeing up a franchise locally last year or so.

Edited by Oriolesfan1988

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it was luck.

It was cheapness.  A local guy with a good resume who wanted to tear down and rebuild on the cheap.  It's great it has worked so far but JA was sold on the part about several years with an extremely low payroll.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's possible that they are talking about Georgia and not Peter.

Or something Peter previously said and/or left in writing somewhere.  I've no clue if this rumor is true, or it's good news if it is true, but the whole "it's fake because Peter can't talk" argument is silly.

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Who do you mean by “this guy?”  Carlyle Group is not a guy.   It’s an entity with a large number of owners.  

Rubinstein, who is the head of the firm.

Now, I saw his net worth is only 1.7B, so he would have to have partners but there is at least something there.

5 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

He targeted an analytics guy who would build from the ground up, including an international program.

Of course there's been some luck, but JA made the right decision IMO and for that I think he gets credit.

Some people here are blinded by dislike for him I guess because of his dad, Peter couldnt handle a GM having as much control as Elias, but John has done well bringing in Elias. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Rubinstein, who is the head of the firm.

Now, I saw his net worth is only 1.7B, so he would have to have partners but there is at least something there.

Well, if the rumor had said Rubenstein, I might have put some credence in it.  But the rumor said Carlyle Group, which can't own a team.   And they aren't synonymous.  Rubenstein only owns about 9% of the company.

Too bad, because Rubenstein is a very impressive guy who would probably be a good owner.