Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

53 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

I do think the Orioles and White Sox CF make an interesting barstool debate, and know Rob has been interested in Robert.     The natural prop for buying present Wins in the Adley era might be if it would pay off to give Mullins and EBJ to get Robert?

Robert is in a good spot this winter for Getz to cash out, should he have educated ownership convincingly it is guys at Colson Montgomery's service time status who are at the foundation of the next good roster.     Despite feeling like he has been around forever, Robert is just six months older than Adley.

No thanks.  There's a good chance, Robert comes down with a season ending injury a month into the season.  O's scramble to find a AAAA fill in.  I'm not a fan of trading for Robert with all his injuries.  Most people on this board (and elsewhere) say it would cost more than Cease.  If WS are serious about a rebuild, they should 100% have Robert on the block and could end up with 4 top 100 prospects just from trading Robert and Cease.

Some of the guys at Soxtalk are really going off the deep end and clutching at straws.  They’re actually citing Jim Bowden as an authority because he’s a “former GM!”   I was tempted to respond, but already said I wouldn’t post again unless there was a very concrete rumor of a specific deal, or an actual deal.   

• Haha 1

Just now, Frobby said:

Some of the guys at Soxtalk are really going off the deep end and clutching at straws.  They’re actually citing Jim Bowden as an authority because he’s a “former GM!”   I was tempted to respond, but already said I wouldn’t post again unless there was a very concrete rumor of a specific deal, or an actual deal.   

How many pages is the Soxtalk thread at?

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well they said an MLb writer was trust worthy even though no one has ever heard of him and what he wrote wasn’t even fact based.  

You can’t argue when the argument is totally illogical.

4 minutes ago, Pickles said:

We have 15 per page.  I remember back in the day when it was 25 at least.

They have 25 it looks like although I will say the posts seem to be shorter. Maybe a little less analysis and more “I want/hope we get these guy”.  They tend to be shorter posts.

31 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's the thing.

Guys like Hicks are normally available.  Maybe they aren't sitting there on the waiver wire but you can toss a 17 year old Dominican at a team and get one.

It's hit or miss how well they happen to perform but 2024 Hicks isn't a lock.

He's pretty much the definition of fungible.

Yes Good point.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Everyone loves Ortiz though. Why the concern?

He’s worth more to us than his trade value. Behind Ortiz, we have Horvath and Wagner. Gunnar and Holliday can both play SS.  Don’t underestimate Wagner and Horvath. We invested some pretty high draft capital in them. Norby could be a Zobrist type.  Play a passable LF and 2B. Especially as a RH bat to pair with Beavers, Kjerstad, Cowser, Holliday.

I have concern over all of these guys.  I hope they’re all great but some will fail.  I wouldn’t put Ortiz along with Wagner and Horvath.   I’m high on Horvath but chances are that he’s a better outfielder than infielder and he’s definitely not a SS.  Wagner is a 3B, maybe 2B, but he ain’t neither if he doesn’t put himself on the map with a big first half at Bowie.