92 wins, or what’s behind the curtain

Frobby

Would you prefer to lock in 92 wins, or take your chances?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to lock in 92 wins, or take what’s behind the curtain

• 92 wins - almost certainly guarantees a playoff spot
    • I’ll take our chances

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/23 at 18:33

Curtain.  2024 might not bring 101 wins again, but I think the team will be better nonetheless, especially if the O's add a good SP and back end of the bullpen help.  Longer series are less of a crapshoot, so I would be thinking bypassing the WC as a starting point.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Since projections are averages, they pretty much never yield the win totals it actually will take to win the division.  

Well, I don’t expect any team to win the exact amount that Szym projects, or anyone else for that matter.  But on average, he projects the Orioles to have the most wins in the division.  Will be interest to watch how this changes with final roster decisions by all of the teams.

17 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

No way he was worth 2.6 wins with near 5 ERA and more hits than IP. Even so, 101 minus 2.6 >>> 92. 

Except, he was in fact worth 2.6 wins. Now if you want to say that Fangraphs is wrong, then they're wrong for everyone. Gibson had a 4.13 FIP and xFIP. He had value last year.