Naoyuki Uwasawa Offer Being Prepared?

Can_of_corn

30 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Ah, the Rays -you know, “the smartest team in the sport”- are interested in him. 

OH is like: IMG_4389.gif.78515df1faf130bc139137a4a8599420.gif

This was the same exact thought that entered my mind when I saw the MLBTraderumors article.  The second was, why weren't we listed as one of the seven teams?  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Hopefully because Elias was never interested to begin with.

Just thought it was interesting that there was the whole kerfuffle about him on here for a while and we weren't even listed as one of 7 teams " to have some level of interest in the right-hander"  

Roch actually touched on this a week ago:

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/looking-back-at-winter-meetings-questions-and-how-they-re-answered

There was no truth to the report. The Orioles weren’t interested in Uwasawa. I spoke to one person who hadn’t even heard of him.

But it’s good to know that Uwasawa would have been “willing” to pitch at the back end of the rotation.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Where would the Japanese articles get the Orioles from specifically?  We’re not like a household name and the Wei-yen Chen signing was 10+ years ago. 

They just plucked us out of thin air?

Bad info happens all the time.

On 12/18/2023 at 10:00 AM, ThisIsBirdland said:

Roch actually touched on this a week ago:

https://www.masnsports.com/blog/looking-back-at-winter-meetings-questions-and-how-they-re-answered

There was no truth to the report. The Orioles weren’t interested in Uwasawa. I spoke to one person who hadn’t even heard of him.

But it’s good to know that Uwasawa would have been “willing” to pitch at the back end of the rotation.

I have to say, if Roch's sources include people who aren't familiar with ALL of the free agent options both foreign and domestic, what kind of source is that really? There are only a handful of players that are posted from Japan. So IMO this source is not a person who is keenly aware of much of what is going on. 

He could have said "there's no truth to the report" and left it at that. Instead he undermined his source by basically saying he's not very keyed into the offseason.