MLB Offseason Moves/Rumor Thread

ThisIsBirdland

54 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

We have no single bat that another team would fear and we don't have that stopper yet in the rotation.

Bradish was arguably one of the 10 best pitchers in the league last year. How is he not considered a stopper?

Yes we do need another bat. We should put together a package for Nolan Jones. Colorado needs lots of help. We could probably get him for the same or less than Cease and he would have a bigger impact.

According to Rosenthal, one of the reasons Seattle may not trade a pitcher is because they are having RSN issues and they may need to have more cheap guys.

Now, I don’t know if that changes if they are trading a cheap asset for another cheap asset but that apparently is part of their thinking.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

According to Rosenthal, one of the reasons Seattle may not trade a pitcher is because they are having RSN issues and they may need to have more cheap guys.

Now, I don’t know if that changes if they are trading a cheap asset for another cheap asset but that apparently is part of their thinking.

Sounds familiar.

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Bradish was arguably one of the 10 best pitchers in the league last year. How is he not considered a stopper?

Yes we do need another bat. We should put together a package for Nolan Jones. Colorado needs lots of help. We could probably get him for the same or less than Cease and he would have a bigger impact.

I’m skeptical of hitters from Colorado. But his split  numbers are pretty comparable .

2 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Morosi reporting trade watchers should be paying attention to Jesus Luzardo at least as much as Dylan Cease as the possible Next Trade Arm up with Glasnow about to get settled.

I don't know that there's a "realistic" move that would excite me more than Luzardo coming to Baltimore. He's basically Hall but with the success as a SP. 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

I don't know that there's a "realistic" move that would excite me more than Luzardo coming to Baltimore. He's basically Hall but with the success as a SP. 

Luzardo would be an excellent target.   He doesn't have a lot of mileage on his arm and he's not a free agent until after 2026.   

4 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I feel like Jordan Lyles DFA could be the 40-man move at some point.     Sure, Bobby Witt's team lagged Adley Rutschman's by 45 wins last year, but this Christmas he may be feeling cheerful about keeping up.      The Twins and Guardians seem okay leaving the division vaguely open.

Royals so far:

Wacha 2/$32
Lugo 3/$45
Renfroe 2/$18
Stratton 2/$8
Smith 1/$5
Hampson 1/$2
Traded Clarke for 2 minor leaguers
Reported interest in Stroman earlier in the offseason as well

They aren't sexy moves, but they're the kind of moves that help ensure you're not in the basement. So, hey, good on them. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1