Roch has not posted today at 8 pm

wildcard

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Eh.

I mean I'm not happy he might be unemployed but the product he's been producing hasn't been all the high a quality.

I guess my expectations for the product is a lot lower than others.  I don't expect David Halberstam to come walking through the door any time soon.

• Upvote 1

I’m worried about the people from the comments section that were waiting to type “first”. That’s probably why he posted the streak was ending.  He didn’t want them sitting around all day worried.

I respect Roch, he chose to follow some rules to feed his family. Nothing wrong with that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t mean this quite as harshly as it’s going to sound, but he’s a replacement-level journalist.   He’s a little funnier than the average reporter/blogger, but is otherwise easily replaceable if he walked away or was fired.   

I disagree I think Roch brings alot wittiness to his blogs and his random O's stats are always interesting. If he left I think he would be hard to replace. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Was there such a thing?

I remember Roch being pissed about something that Frobby posted here at one point and going off about it haha.  I don't remember the details though.  This was years ago IIRC.  

Edited by Mooreisbetter27

3 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

I remember Roch being pissed about something that Frobby posted here at one point and going off about it haha.  I don't remember the details though.  This was years ago IIRC.  

That brings a vague memory.  @Frobby Surely you remember this?

2 minutes ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

It stuck with me because of how bizarre it was.  Frobby seemed like the last person for a journalist to go after for something posted on a message board.  

I want Frobby to remind us of all the details, but I have a vague memory of that.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

@Tony-OHreported that Roch contacted him one time to complain about something I’d said about Roch and he asked Tony to delete my comment, then got all huffy when Tony wouldn’t do it.  I don’t think I ever even knew what comment I made about Roch that set him off.  Overall, I feel like I’ve given Roch plenty of credit when it was due over the years, and have never been a big critic of his.   I even started a thread where I used to post some of his funnier lines (I can’t find it right now).   But, something I said rubbed him the wrong way.  I’m not losing any sleep over it.  I read his blog most days and I’m happy to have it.   I just think there are many other people who could do his job well if he were to leave.  

Maybe @Tony-OH remembers what set him off?   

56 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I don't expect David Halberstam to come walking through the door any time soon.

Well you shouldn't because he's dead.

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Roch was certainly not happy about something Frobby posted here and called me while I was in Costco and "explained" that he was not happy. At the end of the day, he didn't talk to me for like 8-10 years until I ran into him at a bar and we basically but it behind us I guess. 

I think Roch takes a lot of unnecessary heat for his blog. He worked for a very difficult boss and saw what the Angelos' did to people they consider "not loyal." The man had/has a good gig for a local guy who got to cover his favorite team for a long time. 

Was it his fault that they kept Steve Melweski around and then never dictated roles between them which meant Melewski would blur into Orioles major league coverage too? Melewski always did a good job with his minor league coverage, but had they just set clear roles and responsibilities it probably would have been more seamless coverage. But that's not how any of that worked. 

So sometimes Melewski beat him to the news and he had to write about something, so we the readers ended up getting some fluff at times. 

Roch is certainly not a bad guy overall. Hopefully the new owners of MASN will keep him around.

I think this is a good summarization of Roch.  He seems like an overall good dude.  I think it's kind of odd that people still rant and rave about him and what he provides/doesn't provide despite full well knowing that he works for MASN which is the media outlet of the organization.