Spring Training Lineups

DirtyBird

10 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Must be a mistake, he can't play SS I was told.

Maton and Westburg have also played SS and very few consider them ML capable full time SS.   Just saying him playing SS doesn’t mean anything but most people seem to think he’s capable.  Hopefully, he gets a tough play in the hole.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And Mountcastle!

I think he was referring to this spring.  

Anyway, Hyde said at beginning of camp that he would keep Holliday “warm” at SS though most of his work would be at 2B, so there’s nothing surprising about this.   If anything, I was more surprised to see Westburg there.  

Just now, Frobby said:

I think he was referring to this spring.  

Anyway, Hyde said at beginning of camp that he would keep Holliday “warm” at SS though most of his work would be at 2B, so there’s nothing surprising about this.   If anything, I was more surprised to see Westburg there.  

You have to figure Westburg is probably at least a hair better at SS than Urias. I feel like the guy would be fine there if you need him to hold down a couple games in the weird scenario where both Gunnar and Mateo aren't available. 

4 hours ago, Bird Lady said:

The never ending obsession with Ryan Mckenna

Seriously. What's the point of giving DH at bats to a career 4th/5th OF with no options remaining? I get it, spring training doesn't matter. But why not get a couple extra looks at the several prospects that fit in the team's long-term plans?

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Well it is Sunday...

Well they're also facing a lefty.  It does seem like the lineups are based off of where these guys would play in a regular season game given the matchup.  At least to start the game.  It's good to get these guys used to the roles they will be playing in the regular season.